Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:51:13 PM EDT
I am looking to purchase an AK47 soon. What can you tell me about the Vector Arms AK-47 and the Vulcan Armament V47-200 Rifle?
I am new to AK47s and long arms in general, I want a good, reliable rifle for a decent price.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Vector Underfolder; I like it.  The fit and finish is good, and it shoots reliably (as do most AKs).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal if you have loot.

Anything Yugo is worth a damn.

Stay away from Vulcan,Hesse,anything.

I'm from St.Paul,MN. And I've more run-in's with his shit than I care to re-live.....................
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know about Vulcan, thanks for the warning.
I will likely by the Vector then.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Arsenal SLR 105 with neutered FSB and no sight rail for $439.  About the same price a Romanian WASR but the mag-well is cut the way it should be and the quality is top-rate!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The place I am buying from only has Vector, Vulcan, and Century Arms AK47s, so I will be going with one of those. I'd like to get the Armory USA, but I haven't a place to purchase from that will discount the rifle without the 30 rd magazine (cannot buy more than 20 rd mags in MD).

I had a Gun-Tests magazine review that gave the Go to Armory USA, but I don't remember if Vector was among the tested AKs. I cannot find that issue at now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a look at the Vepr K. Really great quality and accurate to boot....... I like mine, in 7.62
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Redduck21502, I saw a USA Armory AK47 at local gun shop.  I was impressed.  Very nice fit and finish.  The price was $569.  I would have bought it but it was on lay-away.  They haven't got any since.  Good Luck!  I have heard good things about Vector.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I decided to order a Vector Arms AK for $511 shipped to my ffl.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I decided to order a Vector Arms AK for $511 shipped to my ffl.

That is a GREAT deal on a great AK. Got a Vector too and happy with it.
Did you get fixed or folder?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Vectors are nice rifles you should be very happy with it from what I have seen of them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Vectors are nice reliable rifles.  Mine is accurate and has a very nice trigger also.  Vectors also carry a 5 year warranty.  I would recommend the Vector.

Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I got the black synthetic stock.
I was unsure of whether or not the folding stock would make the rifle to short for MD law.
The guy at the pawn shop that was showing me some AR15's told me the length it had to be, but I don't remember. The total length with the stock in its shortest position has to maintain a length of something like 32", but like I said I cannot remember.

I'm glad to hear good comments about the Vector. I wish the dealer had them in stock, I will likely have to wait a week or two for him to receive his shipment and then ship it to the pawn shop. Then I'll have to have my MD waiting period. I anticipate 3-4 weeks or more. But that's OK, I purchased some ammo online and it all seems to be backordered until the middle to end of April anyway. No use having a gun with no ammo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Right now I would say that this is by far the best deal going.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=84057&page=1
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top