Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 2:58:59 PM EDT
I have a yugo M70 and a Arsenal sa-m7. why will the bolt from the Yugo not work in the Arsenal? The bolt from the Yugo will not go all the way in on the Arsenal but the Arsenal bolt fits into the Yugo. Please give me some info on this.

Thanks Joe
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:58:12 PM EDT
do you mean bolt carriers?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
no the carriers will hold either bolt. The bolt from the Yugo will not go into battery on the Arsenal gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:36:54 PM EDT
why?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:29:06 PM EDT
First it isn't a very good idea to swap bolt's from one rifle to another.Unless headspace has been checked and confirmed. Next while I don't know why you would even want to swap them????? I would say NO because of the very reason you already stated.It won't lock up. There are some dimensions differances there.

Would like to say I run a bulgie carrier in a Rommie 74 I have. The carrier had to be slightly modifed to work. The bolt in noway would work. I retained the Rommie bolt to keep proper headspace . I did that to have an up( bent chargeing handle. The parts on different countries AK's are not always 100% compatable in swapping. .Thats just from my own experiance for as aliitle as that really is. Hope that help??? WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:33:49 PM EDT
Thanks for the help. I thought all ak47 parts were interchangable. I really did not want to change them I was just bored and had both guns apart and was fooling around with the parts and was suprised that they did not work in each gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:00:06 PM EDT
most parts are interchangable like hammers, tiggers, pistons, furniture, etc

as was stated the differnt bolts will change your headspace a little which can be a big problem
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:14:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Grassyjoe:
no the carriers will hold either bolt. The bolt from the Yugo will not go into battery on the Arsenal gun.

If you don't have to don't for god sake swich the bolts ....it may be ok to swich the carriers but don't swich the bolt........that is if you want to ruin an ak or hurt your self very badly
Top Top