Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:23:20 PM EDT
I have done a few searches and have found differing info.  25 meters, 30 meters for initial sight in.  Would someone clue me in?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Ak sight-in

Edit: Although for the AK47, from what I understand, they are sighted in with the same procedure.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
read this

it tells how big of a target,.. how far away to put it,...all the little things you need to know,....

me,.. i stick a paper plate to a tree 100m away and put a black dot on it and zero in with my sights set at 100m
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your time in posting the link; but it is about zeroing an AK 47, not an AK 74, or should I assume there is no difference?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for your time in posting the link; but it is about zeroing an AK 47, not an AK 74, or should I assume there is no difference?

well it should be close enough,.. to re-do my AKS-74 zero im going to make a target the same size as the  47 target and just zero for 100m @ a distance of 100m with the rear sight slider set at 100m

the stuff i posted was to zero for 300m shooting at 100m,....but as long as you know the range and you have the sights set to that range you will be fine.

the only problem would be if you dont have at least 100m of range to shoot
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
read this

it tells how big of a target,.. how far away to put it,...all the little things you need to know,....

me,.. i stick a paper plate to a tree 100m away and put a black dot on it and zero in with my sights set at 100m

Great info.  I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would check to see if your FSB is adjustable with a AK sight tool before U go to the range. I had to use a vise and some sockets to get mine moving again. Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  I bellied up and bought the sight adjustment tool.  It actually works.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top