Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
I am going to get on the backorder list, because I damn-well want one. However, in speaking with SOG, JG, and a few others, just from 5 places there are over 1500 backordered. SO, I called Century to see if I am wasting my time getting on a list.

I asked, "So if I get on a BO list right now, when do you forsee that order being filled"

His response, " Late may to early June."

Ouch, but.... I want a nice underfolder AK, for not a lot of bucks. I am funshow bound this weekend and if anything catches my eye.... at a good price... well, then A buying I will go.. otherwise... damn what a wait.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:20:13 PM EDT
Found one last week at a gun show for $525. Other dealers had them (one each) for $550 and $600. (Supply and demand, I guess.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:22:32 PM EDT
I knew I should have ordeed a few when Centerfire had them for $399.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:30:23 PM EDT
Man I should of jumped on that deal too.

Max
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:52:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 9:00:52 AM EDT by DaffyDuck]
After looking at (2) different specimens of these rifles, quality appears to be from one end of the spectrum to the other. I first saw one of these in a local shop on Christmas eve, I had not even heard of one at that point. The wood was excellent, the finish & fitting appeared first class, the folding stock was tight and locked secure. Overall it was an excellent piece and priced at $469! I went back the day after Christmas after making up my mind to purchase it, and it was GONE. I wasn't in the market to buy that day, and after thinking about it a couple of days I really wanted it. I then found one the next week at a different store for $500 even, and it absolutely was the biggest POS AK I have ever seen. A WASR next to it looked much better. The wood sucked as the upper handguard was gouged and appeared to be oil stained, very rough. The receiver's finish was terrible, rivets apperaed to be beat in with chisels & shop hammers. The underfolder would hang up each time it was swung on on the selector, and was way loose when locked open, had about 2 inches of play. There is no way I would buy one of these guns without inspecting it first.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:16:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DaffyDuck:
There is no way I would buy one of these guns without inspecting it first.

That's a given with Century guns.
Top Top