Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:59:26 PM EDT
Pretty interesting vid from (I assume) Russian TV interviewing Russian army snipers in Chechnya, as well as following them around in the field.
Very, very cool program.

link to vid
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I just watched it and my roommate speaks Russian. He told me what some parts of it were about. From what he told me it's about Russian snipers and how they are trained or something like that. He said that in one part that they are talking about how they must be mentally prepared, since they shoot at paper targets, they must be mentally prepared to shoot at real people. In another part there is a guy talking about some Chechen sniper who they call "wild sniper" or something like that and that he wants to kill him. My roommate also said that this show came from a popular Russian TV channel, you can tell by the logo in the bottom left corner of the video.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I got all that and I don't even speak Russian.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome video.

When they are hunting the other sniper in the amusement park, here is a rough translation

they talk about killing everything that moves
anybody
u see it u shoot
and how it is just a job
fucked up
150 miles from my mom

That is where he pulls the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool video.

KTB (ktv), is a channel that I know can be had here in NYC.

Mentioned that the best sniper candidates come from places like Siberia, where hunting is a very common source of food (mentality, shooting live/moving targets, being raised with firearms and all the things that go with keeping them running well).

The night walk: the bottom line: they put up a minefield but didn't know where the mines were, so they spread out in case one got blown up so that the others were clear of shrapnel. The guy that is yelling at the table where the group is eating is half-jokingly calling the regulars an army of professional drunks (vs professional soldiers). One guy spoke of a freind who got blown up by a mine shortly (few steps) after saying something about not fearing death. The one guy whose face wasn't pixelated or in a balaclava, sounds like a villager (or druggie- slurred speech), definitely a little crazy, most experienced sniper (and shares that knowledge [that scene with his little range-book]), has zero remorse for killing the guys he calls criminals. One guy named his VSS "Oksana" (common Russian girl's name).

Those are the parts I remember best (so I just typed up what they said).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm digging the anti material 12.7 at the end, didn't seem to have much recoil.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]
day crew bump
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top