Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Heres a pic of one of the places I shoot.

I always lose my good ranges come spring!

Took my Vepr out to 500, holes where mighty damn scattered out there, but I know I hit it!

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Iron_Airship/500ydrange-sunday.jpg

Don't tell me you were shooting open sights at 500yds with your VEPR!?!?  Either way, that's some NICE shooting!  

I'd love to have a range like that, with some steel set up all the way out to 500yds.  I'm jealous!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well as far as being left handed, yeah its an advantage when it comes to the AK, i should know, im a southpaw Kalashnikov guy myself.  But if anyone else has checked out the DVD AK-47/74 In CQB "Beyond the Firearm" done by Ex Spetsnaz Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas, you would see his methods for speeding things up for right handers, he never removes his hand from the pistol grip, to charge the rifle he reaches underneath the trigger guard with his left hand and operates the charging handle with his pointer finger, and hes damn quick about it too. His handleing of the weapon is smooth and flowing, free of tension but very quick and always on target.  He discusses principals of aiming with the body, as well as firing drills and positions, most things us westerners would never have thought of.  Seriously its worth the 24 bucks if you are really interested in learning your weapon.  He even discusses hand to hand with it.

Heres a link for the trailer...

http://www.strategosstore.com/product.asp?0=0&1=288&3=4370

scroll down to find the trailer download

Usually for righty's i recommend they cant the rifle 45 degrees and reach over to sweep the charging handle with their palm.  More positive than just a finger.  That's my left handed method for my AR with the badger latch so i figure it translates well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Took my Vepr out to 500, holes where mighty damn scattered out there, but I know I hit it!

Don't tell me you were shooting open sights at 500yds with your VEPR!?!?  Either way, that's some NICE shooting!  

I'd love to have a range like that, with some steel set up all the way out to 500yds.  I'm jealous!  

I was shooting 450yds with my Arsenal SLR101.  It was hitting Minute of Capitalist Pig.  We had placed a sporting clay out there, got it on my 6th shot by pure luck.  My buddy shooting his Savage FP10 308 with the 10X optics was pissed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well as far as being left handed, yeah its an advantage when it comes to the AK, i should know, im a southpaw Kalashnikov guy myself.  But if anyone else has checked out the DVD AK-47/74 In CQB "Beyond the Firearm" done by Ex Spetsnaz Saulius "Sonny" Puzikas, you would see his methods for speeding things up for right handers, he never removes his hand from the pistol grip, to charge the rifle he reaches underneath the trigger guard with his left hand and operates the charging handle with his pointer finger, and hes damn quick about it too. His handleing of the weapon is smooth and flowing, free of tension but very quick and always on target.  He discusses principals of aiming with the body, as well as firing drills and positions, most things us westerners would never have thought of.  Seriously its worth the 24 bucks if you are really interested in learning your weapon.  He even discusses hand to hand with it.

Usually for righty's i recommend they cant the rifle 45 degrees and reach over to sweep the charging handle with their palm.  More positive than just a finger.  That's my left handed method for my AR with the badger latch so i figure it translates well.

normally i would agree, however, the point sonny makes is that you never want to look at what you are doing with your support hand, much less remove your eyes from the sights, therefore he goes underneath and charges, trust me, your finger wont miss or slip off, its almost like the weapon was designed this way.  The other reason behind it is that as much as possible you want gravity to do your work for you, therefore whenever the situation permits you should carry the weapon in a high ready position, the easiest way to charge the rifle after changing a magazine in this position is to go underneath, his demonstration is very clear......but alas none of this applies to me as im left handed...hehe...but its good to know your weapon in and out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

normally i would agree, however, the point sonny makes is that you never want to look at what you are doing with your support hand, much less remove your eyes from the sights, therefore he goes underneath and charges, trust me, your finger wont miss or slip off, its almost like the weapon was designed this way.  The other reason behind it is that as much as possible you want gravity to do your work for you, therefore whenever the situation permits you should carry the weapon in a high ready position, the easiest way to charge the rifle after changing a magazine in this position is to go underneath, his demonstration is very clear......but alas none of this applies to me as im left handed...hehe...but its good to know your weapon in and out.

Both seem to make sense on paper, but I need to try both out.  I still don't see the HUGE advantage this has over simply charging the weapon with the right hand.  I know, I know, you have to remove your firing hand from the weapon.  SO!?  It takes a split second.  And besides, when you've got your left arm craned around the rifle ready to charge it, it's not like you're "ready to fire" anyways!  You don't even have a round in the chamber if you're charging the rifle!  

I know, I know, I am showing my "untacticoolness" by not immediately bowing to the greatness of the Spetznatz (sp), but I REALLY don't 'get' all this...  BTW- the rifle was DESIGNED to be charged with the right hand, not from underneath with the left.  

The real trick is NOT running your weapon dry!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
well watch the video my friend, i know its splitting hairs here but sonny demonstrates how to charge and fire almost at the same time using this method...i know its a small difference, but this is the kind of thing that our best military units prepare for, the devil is in the details so to speak.  People are always searching for a quicker way on target because thats what keeps you alive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was shooting 450yds with my Arsenal SLR101.  It was hitting Minute of Capitalist Pig.  We had placed a sporting clay out there, got it on my 6th shot by pure luck.  My buddy shooting his Savage FP10 308 with the 10X optics was pissed.

Thats about as well as I did too. Whats funny is I had a friend there that was shotting his Savage FP10 too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Notice the AR stock on foreign AKs in Iso-P's pics!  I guess it's not just an "American" thing.  

Iso-P, is that a Valmet?  Which model?  I like your Saiga 12!  Is that aparatus on the bottom of it to help insert mags faster?  How many shells does that magazine hold?  

I've got a bunch of questions...  sorry!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
everyone from Illinois will have their pic from Buffalo Rock! - lol
img106.imageshack.us/img106/2597/ak47redux4zg.jpg

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Iron_Airship/RyanwithRussianAKverynicegun2.jpg

So, are you guys seriously shooting into the dirt at 20ft, or what?  I hope you didn't have to PAY to shoot at that place...  

Nice VEPR!  

this is the best place  to shoot in the Peoples Republic of Chicago - thanks to Dictator/Reichsfuhrer Chef Daley

it's actually a pretty awesome place to shoot cause there's alot of reactive targets in the pit.
this weekend we're bringing a little kids plastic Big Wheel and ride-along-train ..lol
and about 1000 (thousand) Cd's to plink with the 10/22

(below)my friend blasting away with his ATi-stocked SKS at Buffalo Rock . .check out our stuff. (scoped rifle is a Savage 110 30-06)

(below)if you look closely i managed to get the shell casing in the air on the upper left of the pic

this is arguably the most popular place to plink/shoot in Illinois. .and that cute blonde on the right side of the pic was quite a distraction all day
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Haha. Guns n' girls, guns n' girls, guns n' girls.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool pics.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Notice the AR stock on foreign AKs in Iso-P's pics!  I guess it's not just an "American" thing.  

Iso-P, is that a Valmet?  Which model?  I like your Saiga 12!  Is that aparatus on the bottom of it to help insert mags faster?  How many shells does that magazine hold?  

It's not an all American thing. We like M4 telestocks because they are adjustable for different situations in matches and also for different clothing and web gear.

Actually, in first picture that is not a Valmet, it's my Norinco. Some modifications with Sako parts etc. and here it is.

http://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/picture_library/Iso-P/ODNorinco.jpg

On second picture that was a Sako M92 and the shooter is a friend of mine, nick name the Count (sometimes written without the "o")

I shoot the AR47 myself (picture from the same match):
http://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi//picture_library/Klahti23.04.2005/Klahti01.jpg
Ok, not an AK, but still uses the same cartridge and magazines.

And the shotgun, it wasn't ours but from a gentleman called Jamshot. If you read Saiga12.com, you can learn more about it. Looks weird, but the mag takes 16+1 and drops freely. Jamshot actually won practical shotgun national championships with this one.

I personally use SPAS-15...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not an all American thing. We like M4 telestocks because they are adjustable for different situations in matches and also for different clothing and web gear.

Actually, in first picture that is not a Valmet, it's my Norinco. Some modifications with Sako parts etc. and here it is.

www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/picture_library/Iso-P/ODNorinco.jpg

On second picture that was a Sako M92 and the shooter is a friend of mine, nick name the Count (sometimes written without the "o")

I shoot the AR47 myself (picture from the same match):
www.toiminta-ampujat.fi//picture_library/Klahti23.04.2005/Klahti01.jpg
Ok, not an AK, but still uses the same cartridge and magazines.

And the shotgun, it wasn't ours but from a gentleman called Jamshot. If you read Saiga12.com, you can learn more about it. Looks weird, but the mag takes 16+1 and drops freely. Jamshot actually won practical shotgun national championships with this one.

I personally use SPAS-15...

Wow!  That's one custom-shop Norinco!  Thanks for the pics and the answers to my questions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#15]
my brother firing my Romanian SAR-1

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
http://myspace-677.vo.llnwd.net/00622/77/62/622802677_m.jpg
I bought my first WASR-10 on my 18th birthday a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
umd.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30734503&id=5737803

Nice setup you got there.
I can see it (I'm on facebook) but the rest of these guys can't.
You might want to try hosting it from photobucket.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry bout that guys, just got the photobucket up and running, here u go.

I apologize, these images are a bit out of date.  This particular rifle now wears a K-Var warsaw pact length black synthetic stock set as well as an EKP-1S-03M Kobra Collimator.

The gear i have is an M22 Tarzan russian LBV, Blackhawk drop leg for my SIG P226 (soon to be replaced with a safariland 6005), and of course the handy dandy camelbak.  

Ill post more pics after my next trip, hopefully sometime later this month.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is some from are last shoot. I was shoot well that day I finished in third in the match out of about 25 shooters shooting mostly Ar configurations. I am not knocking my favorite guns, but I did damn well with the 74. OUT. Tuna
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top