Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:21:07 PM EDT
how good are they in fit, finnish,and how much are they like Russian ak's ......and are they worth $350
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:41:26 PM EDT
It kinda depends upon what Maadi you're looking at. The pre-ban Steyr Maadis are great if you can find one but they're definitely more than $350! As far as post-ban Maadis go, I'm sure most would agree that Intract ARMs are the best. They come with a thumbhole stock that can be replaced with a regular stock and they also come with a muzzle cap that is tack welded on which you can remove and replace with a sland brake since there are threads under the cap. I think they're worth $350 and I would easily buy a used Intract Maadi over a new WASR which seem to be close to the same price. Here's a picture of a Intract Maadi that I bought back in 1994, I removed the muzzle cap and replaced with a slant muzzle brake, I removed the thumbhole stock and replaced with a stockset refinished by Z_Recto, I also sandblasted off the old crappy paint finish and refinished it in MolyResin...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT
Good enough. I paid 400 for mine a year and a half ago and have been very happy with it. Definitely worth it. It is stamped CAI, but I don't know if that is Classic Arms or Century Arms.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:57:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:11:47 PM EDT
I like both of mine. I only have complaints that mine had the muzzle threads removed, and the finish on all Maadis leaves a little to be desired. Still, I know I won't get rid of the AKM type, and I'd have to be pretty hard-pressed to think about selling my RML.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
I just asked about it because I was thinking about selling my WASR and buying one.................thanks for all the good info
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
Let me know if you decide not to buy it. Neutrino45@hotmail.com
Top Top