Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:21:07 PM EDT
how good are they in fit, finnish,and how much are they like Russian ak's ......and are they worth $350
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It kinda depends upon what Maadi you're looking at.  The pre-ban Steyr Maadis are great if you can find one but they're definitely more than $350!  As far as post-ban Maadis go, I'm sure most would agree that Intract ARMs are the best.  They come with a thumbhole stock that can be replaced with a regular stock and they also come with a muzzle cap that is tack welded on which you can remove and replace with a sland brake since there are threads under the cap.  I think they're worth $350 and I would easily buy a used Intract Maadi over a new WASR which seem to be close to the same price.  Here's a picture of a Intract Maadi that I bought back in 1994, I removed the muzzle cap and replaced with a slant muzzle brake, I removed the thumbhole stock and replaced with a stockset refinished by Z_Recto, I also sandblasted off the old crappy paint finish and refinished it in MolyResin...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Good enough.  I paid 400 for mine a year and a half ago and have been very happy with it.   Definitely worth it.  It is stamped CAI, but I don't know if that is Classic Arms or Century Arms.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I like both of mine. I only have complaints that mine had the muzzle threads removed, and the finish on all Maadis leaves a little to be desired. Still, I know I won't get rid of the AKM type, and I'd have to be pretty hard-pressed to think about selling my RML.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I just asked about it because I was thinking about selling my WASR and buying one.................thanks for all the good info
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me know if you decide not to buy it. [email protected]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top