Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:20:45 PM EDT
I noticed that it appears they've got some 7.62 in stock. Don't see any backorder or out-of-stock warnings. I've never dealt with them, but they have plenty I would buy. Reliable?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
From their site if you hit the add to basket button:

We're sorry, this item (Product: Wolf® 7.62 x 39 122 Gr. FMJ 1,000 rds. (WX2-67116)) is not currently in stock. This backordered item will be delivered as soon as we get new stock in our warehouse. You will not be billed until the item is shipped.
This item is expected at Sportsman's Guide on May 29, 2006.
If you do not want to order this item, please remove the item from your Shopping Cart.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
cabellas has some in right now.  they just got a shipment yesterday according to the guy on the phone.  124.99 + shipping /1000.  not cheep, but if your getting low...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Expected? Hmm...what's a boy to do? Any dealings with them though? The only outlets I've ever ordered from are Major Surplus and Cheaper Than Dirt.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
cabellas has some in right now.  they just got a shipment yesterday according to the guy on the phone.  124.99 + shipping /1000.  not cheep, but if your getting low...

SCORE! Thanks for the heads up! I've ordered from them once long ago. That's the best price I can ask for right now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Be very careful when ordering from sportsmanguide.com. My great-nephew ordered from them last week. The price in the order was $95 for 1k of 7.62x39 Wolf, but they charged his credit card $129.97 plus shipping for it.  Double-check your CC statement when you receive it.z
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Backorder Alert!  The item below is currently out of stock. Click on the Add to Cart button if you would like to backorder this item

Got that on all 3 types of Wolf.  All out already.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Backorder Alert!  The item below is currently out of stock. Click on the Add to Cart button if you would like to backorder this item

Got that on all 3 types of Wolf.  All out already.  

the web site does say that.  i talked to a guy on saturday that said they received a shipment.  i would imagine that being the weekend they wont have everything updated and processed until sometime this week.  they will probably have to fill the backorders before they take new orders too.  that's just my guess.

all i know is that he said they received it MAR 11.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:41:40 AM EDT
[#8]
They have or  had tins in stock.  Mine was on backorder for a couple months and shipped on 3/10.  I'll get it on the 15th.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been ordering from Sportsman's Guide for years.  Their prices tend to be about 10% higher (or more) than other places but they often have items no one else does.  Customer service is OK to GOOD.  I've never had an order price changed except when they neglected to give me the discount code I submitted.  They corrected the mistake and gave me another 10% discount code, all done via email.  Backorders were handled well--they kept me up to date via emails and shipped when they were supposed to.  

When I wanted to know why they wouldn't ship pre-ban hi cap mags to NY, they actually had a Sales VP call me back.  Their reason was based on incorrect info supplied by the NY Atty Gen's Office but they still would not change their policy.

When their catalogue arrives it goes in the bathroom library for serious sit-down review.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in Minnesota and used to go directly to SG to pick up my ammunition. This way I avoided shipping charges. Now that they have been back ordered so much, I was forced to join the buyers club and pay shipping charges + tax.

They have the best prices on 7.63x39 I have found anywhere. So I go through them.

About the higher price charged. When I ordered my 7.62x39, they sent me a confirmation e-mail, with the $90 a case price. If they try to charge me more, I will set them straight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top