Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:36:18 PM EDT
I bought one of those Laser Cut Flats that you bend by hand...
I have it all bent, and looking like a AK receiver, But I found its going to take much more work than what I had originally thought.

It has the trigger+Center support hole+rail holes.
Rails have not been installed, and the top rails need to be cut before a bolt can even fit inside.

Does this count as an 80% reciever, and can I put it up for sale on EE?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:39:45 PM EDT
I believe that once it is bent it is a firearm. If I'm right before transfering it you must put your name and city on the receiver and if it is shipped it must be shipped through ffls.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:41:15 PM EDT
well, it hasnt been welded yet, so I guess I can just bend it back down?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:45:48 PM EDT
So far you have a shell. You said there are no rails and I would guess no serial#'s. From my understanding a receiver has rails, is serialized and heat treated, with the center support and pin. A bend in sheet metal does not a receiver make!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:49:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Deborahakbuilder:
So far you have a shell. You said there are no rails and I would guess no serial#'s. From my understanding a receiver has rails, is serialized and heat treated, with the center support and pin. A bend in sheet metal does not a receiver make!

Actually an 80% can have holes OR bends, but once it has BOTH its a 100% receiver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:20:23 AM EDT
Alrighty, thanks for your help...

I guess I'll just store it away for the next time I want to try and complete it.
I have the plans for 2 different Jigs so im just going to buy a tapco flat this time.
Top Top