Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:53:49 PM EDT
I'm building a replica RPG-2/B40 launcher, I fabricated everything from scratch for the sights but I'm having a hard time finding the pin that acts as a hinge for the sights, I just dont know what there called. One side has a rolled edge and the other side is split so when you put it through a hole you open the split side which in turns holds the pin in. Anyone have a name for these pins. You can see one side of the pin in the first picture. the second pic shows my progress of the launcher, the red is just primer. McM

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your question, but I sure as hell admire that!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Cotter Key or pin
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cotter Key or pin

Its definately not a cotter key or pin, cotter pin/keys are used to keep nuts from walking like on axle nuts. What i'm looking for in like a tube with a flared end on one side and slotted on the other side. Monday i'll just go to the fastener store. The one i go to has a ten dollar min. What fuckers right, I go in for two ten cent items and have to buy 10 dollars min. The only good thing about them is they have everything under the sun. McM
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
almost sounds like the rivet holding in the front sling swivel on an AR15.  I remember the pin on my first AR- one end was like a rivet while the other end looked exactly like what you show in the picture.  The hole's diameter is just under the outer diameter of the rivet and it's not very deep at all- not even a hole really.  Placing a small copper BB or ball bearing in the end and tapping it is all that it takes to flare that end of the rivet.

I think maybe your pivot pin just got cracked and wasn't originally made with a slit in it or if the slit was there from the beginning, it was just to aid in the "spreadability" of the end of the rivet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Try a roll pin.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what I would do. I'm sure you can find a roll pin that will work.
I'd pay cash money to see you show up at my local range and whip that thing out of your trunk.
The 80 year old bench rest crowd would scatter in terror
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's what I would do. I'm sure you can find a roll pin that will work.
I'd pay cash money to see you show up at my local range and whip that thing out of your trunk.
The 80 year old bench rest crowd would scatter in terror

Roll pin would work but it wouldnt be correct, I want what is pictured. I've come this far with the project i figure why not be 100% on details including that little whatchamacallit pin. The RPG-2 never was an impressive launcher, If i was to come to your range i will whip out my RPG-7 which would bring a bigger oh shit from the benchrest crowd.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think most people can tell the difference between an RPG 2 and an RPG 7. I automaticly duck whenever I see anything that remotely resembles either.

ETA: If both ends look the same why can't you use a roll pin and flare it a bit with a center punch. Or am i missing something?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
MCM, just got done reading about you. We checked SARCO. They only sell kits. I want one. PMS and a RPG. Sounds good to me.h.gif
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
For those who care....
The RPG-2 is a right handers weapon only...
If a leafty fires it....What a surprise they will be in...
There is a vent for exhaust gasses that will fry their face..
BTW....NICE.....PG-2
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I also read that if you are using it against aircraft and you don't angle it right you can burn off the lower half of your body
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe what you're looking for is a semi-tubular rivet. It's similar to the one that used to attach the front sling swivel on an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
my RPG-7 which would bring a bigger oh shit from the benchrest crowd.

where the f**k can i get one of those?

and whats your cost so far?,...i couldent bring back any war trophies,.. but id love to build that and hang it on the wall under my Iraqi flag and maybe one day tell the future grand kids that the old man had on of those shot right at him way back when.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I believe what you're looking for is a semi-tubular rivet. It's similar to the one that used to attach the front sling swivel on an AR15.

Yep.  That's what I said and I agree (obviously.)

I can't find you one on midwayusa right now for some reason.  I've ordered one from them before...

and believe it or not, I think I split mine while trying to flare the end out.  So, I'm 88.5% sure it is what you are looking for.  

ETA:

Here is is  MidwayUSA for $1.09

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Semi tubular rivet eh, I had to go look at my AR and yes thats what i'm looking for just longer and thicker. Tomorrow i'm going to the fastener warehouse, hopefully they'll have a couple for me. Thanks. McM

As far as finding a demilled RPG, its real hard these days. Ebay, gun broker, auction arms, subguns.com, you have to scower those sites daily and maybe you'll find one. I bought mine years ago at Knob Creek off the Ohio ordnance table, they had two i should have bought both.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top