Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:00:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the nicest looking rifles I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:00:31 AM EDT
[#2]
umm pretty......

Ronald
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#3]
so…
You plan to keeping my AK aha! I may need to come up and have a talk with ya! The old saying, “A picture says a thousand words.” surely applies to this AK.  Duke, you did a fantastic job on the build.  I think that I am going to like the custom serial numbered Global receiver. This project has been a long time in the making, but this is not a reflection on your part. This is going to be one of my best birthday presents, so happy birthday Mikie! Now, for my next birthday, I would like you to build me a palmer folding stock AK100 series 5.56 clone.

Mikie
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]
beautiful rifles! I really like the AKMS with the black furniture, for some reason the polymer looks really good on it. Have any militaries actually used underfolders with black polymer furniture? Just curious, in case any one knows.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
beautiful rifles! I really like the AKMS with the black furniture, for some reason the polymer looks really good on it. Have any militaries actually used underfolders with black polymer furniture? Just curious, in case any one knows.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful work, Duke!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I MUST have an underfolder. That's just gorgeous.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
the underfolder does look good in all black. i am shocked to say the least. i didnt think i would like that. humm i might have to talk to duke about doing one of my underfolders in plum maybe or black.

Ronald
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Who did the engraving on the Russian clone?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.arsenal-bg.com/images/defense_police/5,56_arsenal_assault_rifle_ar-m2f.jpg

Wow, I wonder if that Krink flash hider brings the weapon up to legal length.......
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know what the overall length of that AKMS is (with stock folded)? Hope it isn't under 26".....I want one, but no SBRs in Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who did the engraving on the Russian clone?

AHKAHHURRAH

Steve at Tom Sawyer mfg. engraved the trunnion and safety selector markings. The original serial number was removed, and a new number was engraved on the trunnion. The last four digits of this number is the kits number and also the receiver serial number of 0701. Steve is a member of this board and posts on the AR15 side. Here is a link to his site.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
...Nice Rifles, very Nice!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anyone know what the overall length of that AKMS is (with stock folded)? Hope it isn't under 26".....I want one, but no SBRs in Michigan.

I measured one previously and then sold my kit for the same reason as I will be moving to Michigan in less than 3 years.  25 3/4" with the slant brake installed.  The guys on the Michigan forum stated that your rifle is measured with the brake installed even though it is removable.  If you replaced the slant brake with one say 1/2 inch longer then it would be legal but still need to be registered/inspected as a pistol under the state regulation/law.  An AK-74 type or Romanian RPK flashhider would bring it up to legal length under MI's law interpretation.

Wouldn't be a correct representation but what are you going to do if that is the law?  Doesn't make much sense as the brake is still removable.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, that Russian Clone is gorgeous...  Where can I find furniture like that?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
0612Devil

I bought the Russian stock set from Doug Ford at this link. Although I did not see any of these sets listed, you can e-mail him for availability.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They do typically measure up as too short. Get one of the flashhiders available. I had the whole "pistol permit" and safety inspection bullshit when I bought a poly a few years back. It worked for the inspection and then came off for a thread protector, I like that look better on a double folder.
And of course I stupidly sold the gun, *&$*$%^#

My compliments to the thread starter, great looking work
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top