Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:37:48 PM EDT
I sumbled upon this at Amazon.com.  It's a reader review for the Zombie survival guide written by max brooks and it basically covers what one would have to do to be fully prepared for a zombie outbreak, the book covers everything including weapons, however this guy blambasts the Ak-47 and says its primitive and pathetic yet he says he owns both ht

I have two minor gripes, both concerning subtle and possibly unintentional anti-American flavors to certain Zombie related subjects. The first concerns the author's contention that Americans would be in general be unequiped mentally and physically to deal with an attack by the living dead. It is my belief that since Zombie movies and concepts are almost entirely American in nature, (after all, George Romero, father of the Zombie movement is an unabashed American) Americans would be better suited to deal with Zombies than any other culture. My second complaint is in regards to the author's contempt for the AR-15/M-16 assault weapon and praise for the AK-47. As an owner of both, I can vouch for the primitive, patheticness of the AK-47, an obsolete weapon designed in 1947 and still in use in the third world not because of it's virtues but because it's all they ever knew. The ammunition has inferior ballistics and is much more available in the third world than in America. In sharp contrast, the AR-15 is a fully modern weapon, capable of being fitted with any number of optics and sighting assists, including telescopic, night vision and red-dot scopes as well as laser sights, both infrared and conventional. Accessories are widly available despite President Clinton's best efforts. The Flash hider (not available on most AKs) is unscrewable and can be replaced with a silencer. Barrel length and thickness can be customized. Replacement parts are readilly available as is the ammunition (which has better range and accuracy). With the proper outfitting, the AR-15 makes an efficiant sniper rifle as well as a kick-butt combat weapon. In all fairness, this is a minor point and I say it simply so that people choosing an appropriate zombie-slaying weapon will know their full range of options.

Minor complaints aside, I loved this book. Anyone who has had one too many Zombie nightmares needs to own it for their own piece of mind. It is comprehensive and reads like a military manual (which is exactly what it is intended to be, only for civilians taking the place of the military just before, during or after society collapses). Using the knowledge in this book, the human race will be able to survive.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
"The Flash hider (not available on most AKs)..."

I didn't know this...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
try not ta step in the bull shit
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
alright i just have to ask ,wait i`ll start a new thread......................................
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top