Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:36:41 PM EDT
I figure i'm going to be told i'm SOL, but i figured i'd ask anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
KVAR carries them but it is out of stock right now.  Also, you can use a Galil ambi safety, but they are hard to find.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes....SOL is the right phrase...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Would it be possible/practical to make a safety like the ambi-safty but without the regular AK sheet metal safty lever?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
KVAR carries them but it is out of stock right now.  Also, you can use a Galil ambi safety, but they are hard to find.  

the galil also requires a lot of cutting.

link me to the k-var one...i can't find it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here you go:

www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=317

Wow, that was extremely useless post!  KVAR is out of stock and has been for a very long time.  When asked when they will get some more, they say someday.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here you go:

www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=317

Wow, that was extremely useless post!  KVAR is out of stock and has been for a very long time.  When asked when they will get some more, they say someday.

WTF!  No.  An extremely useless post is one like yours, opining that mine is useless.  He wanted a link and I gave it to him.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops you are right, my fault.  This is the second post in a row that I have fucked up by not reading.  I really need some sleep...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
What about one of these..sorta ambi selector
You can by it here    selector
Or how about a seletor from a Polish Tantal????
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The tantal selector is just a selector, not a safety. it switched between single shot, auto, and three round burst, but doesn't actuate the safety like you'd think.

It's funny that K-var is out of those ambi safeties for milled AK's, because I've NEVER seen an AK ANYWHERE that's had one. I have no idea how/if they work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
They work real good on Arsenal 1.6mm recivers...
Heres a pick from a rrifle that was for sale on gun broker.....
Ambi selector Milled
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#12]
uxo2 - I have one similar to that by Krebs Custom.  It works extremely well as I can activate the selector with my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#13]
well, the shelf may be a good idea, but is pretty much worthless for a lefty.  I think i'm just gonna stick with the stock selector and learn how to use it.  Thanks for the help anyway.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I picked one of these up from K-VAR a while back and have been toying with the idea of incorporating it into a modernized milled AK (got an SLR-100H receiver lying around).  Any recommendations on who could fit it to my receiver?
Thanks!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top