Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:45:06 PM EDT
I just got a used bayonet and i need some help getting it's ID correctly.

It is one of the early ones with the speartype blades. Blade is chromed and has a blood grove. It has a triangle and arrow on one side of the front guard. The arrow is complete with the fletching inside the triangle. It also has a stamped serial number on the  back portion of the hilt. The grips are a reddish/brown bakelite. The scabbard is parked black and has a yellowish/green hanger and a leather strap.

I can send pictures of it is it will have me identify it.

I was told the arrow inside the triangle is either romanian or russian. But if the arrow has the fletching at the end it maybe the russian.

thanks for any help.

Patrick

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like a early russian to me! the chinese made one like it also but you never see them!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It's for a milled receiver Russian like a type 3.....very nice looking bayo
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
AK Bayonet photos..............Bayonets
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like the "arrow in a triangle" of the factory in Izhevsk, Russia.  So I'd say Russian.  --NoJoe
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet! I was was pretty sure it was russian but I really needed some experts to look it over!!

Does anybody know an approx. value for it in it present condition? It has a slight crack on one panel.

thanks guys!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top