Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 1:31:17 PM EDT
Anyone done this by either milling out a slot between two reinforcing ribs or by drilling additional holes in the back of the magazine at 10 and 20rnds?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:40:05 PM EDT
i drilled a hole in my beater mags just below the receiver when inserted in rifle, added hole is same size as original near bottom of mag. on back side. i think that one lets you know it's fully loaded, the ones i added let me know when it's getting low.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:43:02 PM EDT
Witness holes are drilled in the back of Austrian FAL mags; that would be my approach if I thought I needed that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:39:23 PM EDT
witness/counting marks on the back are one thing, but slots on the sides?? Can you say Shosho (CHAUCHAT)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:27 PM EDT
We're talking AKs though. The Chauchat was a dead horse from it's inception, and not just the magazine design. All around shitfest.

I dremelled out a slot on the right side of one of my mags, almost from the top to bottom, and it works flawlessly. Looks kind of cool too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:56:09 PM EDT
I suppose it's fine for range mags, but for anything serious you're begging to get dirt inside that will affect reliability. Yes, even an AK can jam if there's enough dirt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:45:01 AM EDT
I like to think a good percentage of AK owners are actually waiting for something "serious". I know I am. Yeah, Red Dawn really fucked with my head...in a good way.
Top Top