Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:46:42 PM EDT
I know it's not that great for most pistols, but what about our rugged AK's?

This is a noob question I know =)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know it's not that great for most pistols, but what about our rugged AK's?

This is a noob question I know =)

I don't like doing it.  I don't like the hammer coming down on anything that doesn't have a primer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You pretty much dry fire an AK everytime you finish off a magazine unless you count the amount of rounds you fire everytime.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
No probblem
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not dry fire the 22 rimfire trainers or subcaliber inserts.
Centerfire ones, as directed above already.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
So it's ok to do this!!!  You were being sarcastic right Bachelor_of_Science? =)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
dry fired a bloomin billion times. firing pins are cheap but I never had a problem yet...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So it's ok to do this!!!  You were being sarcastic right Bachelor_of_Science? =)

Yes, I was.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
AK rifles are like Glocks: dry fire them all you want with no damage to the weapon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Just dont go out in the yard and play war with the thing and dry fire it all day long , that can't be good on any gun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top