Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 12:30:33 AM EDT by AdrianUSP9]
Hello guys - I've always been on the "dark side" of this board, but I recently recently inherited several firearms, including this Norinco AK. It looks brand new, the bolt still has grease on it - I don't think it has ever been fired.

Anyways, I've been checking the FAQs and reading what I can, but I still have two questions.

Obviously, the furniture on this gun is different than usual. The handguard is longer, and its one solid piece. The stock is also not a pistol grip. Is this just something they did for the AWB ban, or is it something else?

The lower receiver seems to be a little differently shaped where the pistol grip would normally be. Is this something that I could convert to a no-ban easily, or should I just enjoy it as is?

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:52:11 PM EDT
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Ive never seen one converted to traditional look, but I have seen some sell for a fair $ to be Galil doner recievers.

Id guees it to be worth around 4-500 maybe?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:19:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Ive never seen one converted to traditional look, but I have seen some sell for a fair $ to be Galil doner recievers.

Saw one in not so great condition for $350 bare in mind for forseeable future or possibly permanantly they are barred from importation. Thank the GOP and GWHB specificly for that. Conversions not that hard same as a Saiga.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:35:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Norinco Hunter - IIRC.

Saw one in not so great condition for $350 bare in mind for forseeable future or possibly permanantly they are barred from importation. Thank the GOP and GWHB specificly for that. Conversions not that hard same as a Saiga.

Yeah, I might have been off there, sorry. I thought I saw one ont he EE for that, but maybe it never sold who knows. It wouldnt be hard to convert Im sure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:21:14 PM EDT
If you could get a traditional stock and grip (maybe from Ironwood) and convert the trigger over you would still have an odd looking receiver - the angled-up magwell would not look right. I suggest leaving it as is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:37 AM EDT
I'll probably leave it as is, and just pick up another one someday

Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:24:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AdrianUSP9:
I'll probably leave it as is, and just pick up another one someday

Thanks everyone

Probably the best choice.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:46:40 AM EDT
yea its not an easy swap like a saiga the front of rec has no hole for the hg's
but with alot of cash it could be 1 hell of a nice galil
Top Top