Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:53:55 AM EDT
what are the sling options for an underfolder?  

i tried using a normal AK sling on it the traditional way- feeding the sling through the loop over the underfolder pushbutton and attaching the clip to the front loop - i did not like it.  

Next i tried only using the underfolder pushbutton loop - feed 1 end through the loop and up and over the metal 'beltbuckle' on the other end.  it is very sturdy, i have a leather sling.  guess this is a single point sling configuration.  i like it, 1 end goes over my shoulder, the other goes under the opposite armpit.  folded, if i pull the weapon away from me, the sling tightens and helps give me a steady sight.  dangling folded is fine too.  when i extend the stock, that worries me.  those sharp ends of the extended stock look like they are going to slice my neck up.

so how do the tactical pros on here use a sling on an underfolder AK?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Well folks, i think i found something better.  it's my laptop carry strap.  2 nice clamps on each end, both connected to the rear sling connector.  easy on, easy off.  Its not marketed as a MOUT or HST sling, but I think it is pretty good.

I definitely think single-point is the way to go with an underfolder.  But i am really interested in knowing what the folks in the field use.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top