AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2006 4:31:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!! That's a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Todd,
You've got a problem with your site.  I clicked through and the cart showed 2 kits, when I only wanted one, and it showed someone else's order information.  Name, address, phone number, email, everything but the actual credit card number.  I want a kit, but I don't want to complete any info that may be compromised on your website.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a question about the krink kits.  How long are the barrels? Are they 16'?  
Do you make pistols or do you register it as an SBR?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Todd, I posted in your EE thread about the M92 kits. Is the gas port hole already drilled in the barrel and what about the notch in the barrel for setting it in the trunion?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
so the question is...what's wrong with the kit?  Tha'ts the lowest price I"ve ever seen.  Or did you guys get a boatful?  Whatever happened to barrel ban?  Weren't these suppose to be stopped?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
They've never been assembled, so there is not going to be a notch for the barrel pin. From the picture the barrel looks untouched. Even the front trunion holes look undrilled. More work than some are realizing, but yes, a good price.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I am already building 2 rommy kits in augustwhen i get back from iraq, would it be easy to put this one together with them? maybe even cost effective to get a jig and do my own flats?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think you can build a Yugo on a flat, due to the bulge in the front trunnion. You can build one on an 80% bent blank.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
As someone else mentioned, these are brand new, never assembled parts.. What bargain one would get would actually be eliminated by the extra cost and effort of assembling..

A standard demilled kit, the parts are fitted, holes drilled, head spaced, even test fired before the recievers are cut.. All the US Builder really has to do is rivet (or weld, screw, super glue, whatever) all all the old parts to the new receiver. More complicated then that of course, but thats the basic idea.

These new kits will require allot more labor, and are probably not for the novice builder. All the parts will have to be fitted, barrel drilled for the pin, barrel and bolt head spaced, other holes drilled in the trunnion, all parts overall fitted, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As someone else mentioned, these are brand new, never assembled parts.. What bargain one would get would actually be eliminated by the extra cost and effort of assembling..

A standard demilled kit, the parts are fitted, holes drilled, head spaced, even test fired before the recievers are cut.. All the US Builder really has to do is rivet (or weld, screw, super glue, whatever) all all the old parts to the new receiver. More complicated then that of course, but thats the basic idea.

These new kits will require allot more labor, and are probably not for the novice builder. All the parts will have to be fitted, barrel drilled for the pin, barrel and bolt head spaced, other holes drilled in the trunnion, all parts overall fitted, etc.

Thank you for the info!  I guess one advantage of it is that the parts are not serialized so you don't get mismatched numbers (receiver/parts).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought the parts kit.  Not sure how am I going to put together since I neither have an AK nor have built one.

It was an impulsive purchase just based on pure low price and it being totally brand new.  I think I do have mechanical skills but do not have any sort of tools to put together.  The parts will be put away for a long time until Michigan legalize SBR or move to another state that allows SBR.  I want to build a Krink as a Krink.

In the mean time, I will start learning about AK's and required tools to build one.  In my mind, the expected completion is at least 5 years away.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't think you can build a Yugo on a flat, due to the bulge in the front trunnion. You can build one on an 80% bent blank.

The Yugo M92 kits are assembled with AKM receivers. Yugo M92 trunnions are not bulged.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
From the pics the rear trunnion doesn't machined for the underfolder.
Now that would be some work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Just curious, why are the "Krink" rifles/pistols so much more money than a normal AK, there's actually "less" metal/wood there but they cost 4-5 times as much?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just curious, why are the "Krink" rifles/pistols so much more money than a normal AK, there's actually "less" metal/wood there but they cost 4-5 times as much?

Because 99% of the AKSU kits are made using modern production weapons created just for the parts kits.

Compare that to the 99% of the full sized rifles, which are surplus weapons sold by the Gov'ts for less then they cost them to make 20-30 years ago under communism (where stuff was basically free).

Its sort of like comparing a new M1A by Springfield, and a M1 Garand from the CMP.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top