Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
Stopped into the pawn shop today and they had a Norinco AK type rifle for roughly $350 (and it might come down in price). Clean as a whistle, inside and out. Buttstock is loose/slightly ill fitting (pistol grip and forearm seemed fine). No flash hider or bayonet. Receiver stamped Norinco Made in China Semi-auto.

What do I need to be looking at/for if I go back with a notion to buy?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
our saying it has a regular stock set on it. Alot came with the  Thumb hole type stock. A Chicom is a good AK. Get him down to $300 and get it. Even $350 isn't bad. The only real problem is if it is a Slant cut stock. You are limited to the stock sets avaliable for it. I'd say go for it... WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, regular stock set. Don't know if it's a "slant." What part is slanted? The back edge of the receiver where the butt stock attaches?

I wondering if this isn't a thumbhole that somebody converted -- and thus the loose fitting stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
buy it, if you dont like it you can easily sell it. Good price on a good rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are some damn fine AKs for the money - I gave $250 for one the other day but that was a freak price that wont likely happen again.  I say go for it, good rifle and good price.

Make sure you post pictures of the rifle when you get it.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top