Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
Stopped into the pawn shop today and they had a Norinco AK type rifle for roughly $350 (and it might come down in price). Clean as a whistle, inside and out. Buttstock is loose/slightly ill fitting (pistol grip and forearm seemed fine). No flash hider or bayonet. Receiver stamped Norinco Made in China Semi-auto.

What do I need to be looking at/for if I go back with a notion to buy?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
our saying it has a regular stock set on it. Alot came with the Thumb hole type stock. A Chicom is a good AK. Get him down to $300 and get it. Even $350 isn't bad. The only real problem is if it is a Slant cut stock. You are limited to the stock sets avaliable for it. I'd say go for it... WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:25:27 PM EDT
Yep, regular stock set. Don't know if it's a "slant." What part is slanted? The back edge of the receiver where the butt stock attaches?

I wondering if this isn't a thumbhole that somebody converted -- and thus the loose fitting stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:31:49 PM EDT
buy it, if you dont like it you can easily sell it. Good price on a good rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:35:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
Those are some damn fine AKs for the money - I gave $250 for one the other day but that was a freak price that wont likely happen again. I say go for it, good rifle and good price.

Make sure you post pictures of the rifle when you get it.....
Top Top