Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:42:46 PM EDT
I called to cancell my UZI .45 order as I will be leaving to work on a project in the middle of the Indian Ocean for a few months.  I also asked her about AK's. She said they are no longer using JOEKING-BANKS receivers.  They are using only Global. Too much bad publicity is my guess. Looks like there will be a new run of Vector underfolders out very soon.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Got my Vector Underfolder yesterday - built on an Armory USA receiver.  Damn fine gun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The Vector underfolder I bought on Sunday is also on an Armory USA receiver.  My Vector underfolder is a seriously nice looking/built rifle.  I am going to put a few rounds down the pipe this afternoon, and I am sure it will run like a clock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't these have non-chrome lined barrels???
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Ehh, I guess I havent looked to tell you the truth.  I did shine a light in it before I stored it to see how clean it was.........it was shiny as hell so its either chrome lines or in excellent shape.  Im not hung up on chrome lined anyways as I dont shoot cheap ass, corrosive ammo in $600 guns.......$75 guns yeah.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't shoot corrosive in my Vector either.  I will continue shooting cheap Wolf.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes they do, i emailed them and they said all their ak rifles have chrome line barrels
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ehh, I guess I havent looked to tell you the truth.  I did shine a light in it before I stored it to see how clean it was.........it was shiny as hell so its either chrome lines or in excellent shape.  Im not hung up on chrome lined anyways as I dont shoot cheap ass, corrosive ammo in $600 guns.......$75 guns yeah.

I dare you to show me some cheap ass corrosive 7.62x39 available....Corrosive is the best

Most of the corrosive AK ammo is top quality Military ammo in sealed cans...Not the commercial stuff...When they say corrosive its closer to orange juice than it is battery acid...A blast of ballistol or even windex totally neutralizes it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dare you to show me some cheap ass corrosive 7.62x39 available....Corrosive is the best

Most of the corrosive AK ammo is top quality Military ammo in sealed cans...Not the commercial stuff...When they say corrosive its closer to orange juice than it is battery acid...A blast of ballistol or even windex totally neutralizes it.

Corrosive ammo, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

-k
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The Yugos have the non-chrome barrels.  The Vectors are built on Polish kits with chrome barrels.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they do, i emailed them and they said all their ak rifles have chrome line barrels

Thanks for clearing that up, I was feeling to lazy to call or email them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
SO I guess my Vector with a Ewbanks recvr is now a collectible!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
SO I guess my Vector with a Ewbanks recvr is now a collectible!

pre ban
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
The first batch of Joke-in receivers almost cost Vector their head AK smith. He said he would quit before he built guns on them. They went back and tried another batch from them. Those were found to be bad overall as well. I guess they are just tired of rebuilding the receivers so that they can be bult into guns.

I just wonder how long it will take them to get fed up with doing the same thing to Todd Baily's H&K clones. I understand they have to rebuild most of those from the ground up before they ship them out as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Yugos have the non-chrome barrels.  The Vectors are built on Polish kits with chrome barrels.

My Vector underfolder is most certainly NOT a Polish rifle.  It has milled arms on the underfolder and a smooth top cover, and no Polish marks on the trunnion.  I am not sure what pedigree it is, but is sure is one sweet rifle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Vector underfolder is most certainly NOT a Polish rifle.  It has milled arms on the underfolder and a smooth top cover, and no Polish marks on the trunnion.  I am not sure what pedigree it is, but is sure is one sweet rifle.

Love to see pics of it!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought mine last year and it had Global reciever. I never knew they used JoKen.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top