Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:04:55 AM EDT
What exactly is the reason for the shortage? The war in Iraq? The ban dropped so everyone and their brother is buying and building AK`s? Lemme know what you think.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:06:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 223spree:
What exactly is the reason for the shortage? The war in Iraq? The ban dropped so everyone and their brother is buying and building AK`s? Lemme know what you think.

I heard htat russian production is being sent to Russian military and they don't really have a choice in the matter. I bought every round I could find at the last gunshow I went to. 2K or so should hold me over.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:36 AM EDT
I read that the demand for 7.62 and 5.45 had doubled since the expiration of the assault weapons ban and with the massive influx of AK parts kits. It's simple supply and demand. It takes a company some time to add capacity for that much of an increase.

As a side note: Gander Mountain in Chambersburg, PA, has 19 boxes of Wolf 5.45x39 fmj for $2.99 each.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:35:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

I heard htat russian production is being sent to Russian military and they don't really have a choice in the matter. I bought every round I could find at the last gunshow I went to. 2K or so should hold me over.

uhuh.................. so did everone else...............................and now its sold out
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:42:12 AM EDT
Wolf in 223 and other calibers seems fine? I know some will hate thing but why doesn`t Wolf, Barnul, whoever slow down on other calibers to increase production of 7.62x39 and 5.45?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:46:33 AM EDT

Wolf in 223 and other calibers seems fine? I know some will hate thing but why doesn`t Wolf, Barnul, whoever slow down on other calibers to increase production of 7.62x39 and 5.45?

yea but we have tons of local and imported 223 its not so with the russian rounds they are mostly imported and from only a few places
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:36:01 AM EDT
7.62x39 and 5.45x39 shortage. These calibers have now been moved back another 5 weeks at SportsmansGuide until the end of March. It's my belief that SportsmansGuide continues to move the ship dates back as they took too many orders of the ammo such as 7.62x39 at $75.97 a case of 1000 and many people also used the coupon.

With the shortage they know they can sell the ammo for $100.00 a case and they are hoping people will tire of contacting them every month to renew the backorders and they can then cancel most of the orders or they will just say you never contacted them.

I may just be paranoid, but look how many people didn't receive the mags from the deal a couple of months ago when SG pulled that crap with backorders.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:45:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:
7.62x39 and 5.45x39 shortage. These calibers have now been moved back another 5 weeks at SportsmansGuide until the end of March. It's my belief that SportsmansGuide continues to move the ship dates back as they took too many orders of the ammo such as 7.62x39 at $75.97 a case of 1000 and many people also used the coupon.

With the shortage they know they can sell the ammo for $100.00 a case and they are hoping people will tire of contacting them every month to renew the backorders and they can then cancel most of the orders or they will just say you never contacted them.

I may just be paranoid, but look how many people didn't receive the mags from the deal a couple of months ago when SG pulled that crap with backorders.

I agree. I have already talked to people who ordered the EXACT same product I did, later than I did, but at a higher price. They have received theirs, while mine is still on backorder.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:52:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Originally Posted By Mak:

I agree. I have already talked to people who ordered the EXACT same product I did, later than I did, but at a higher price. They have received theirs, while mine is still on backorder.

I have heard that other dealers are receiving shipments of Wolf ammo continually and have been catching up on filling backorders. My 5.45x39 was ordered in December from SG. The 7.62x39 in January. They send me emails telling me they will cancel the backorder if I do not reply to the email. I reply to it. They then send me the backorder notice a couple of days later telling me I have to call or contact them or they will cancel the backorder. That is why I think they are pulling a potential bait and switch on the price.
Top Top