Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:16:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:14:53 AM EDT by fearxile]
Well I bought a Wasr-10 about a week ago. A couple days after I bought it I went to an indoor range about an hour away from my place.

I was going through my 4th mag I think it was when I think the case ejected and hit me in the forehead above my left eyebrow. It felt like someone punched me in the face and hurt like hell and was bleeding, but had the smallest cut. Now If I rub my forehead in that area it feels like a tight nerve and sends a shooting pain to the back of me had from my forehead.

My question is, has anyone had a shell eject and hit them in the head like that? I find it funny how the shell ejected and managed to hit me on my left side. (It was indoors but I dont see how it could bounce off the wall in the station and still hit me with as much force as it did. Just wondering if anyone else had something like this happen to them.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:02:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 9:08:16 PM EDT by MillerTime85]
Actually this sounds very unusual, I am left handed and have never even had this problem.. Usually my casings end up about 30 feet to the right of me. And since ak shells do eject with a lot of force and will travel like 30 feet if there is now walls, I think it is very possible that it could have ejected off of the indoor range wall and still hit you with enough force to break the skin. Casings can hurt, although ive never had to much of a problem with 7.62x39 casings, I do move when he is shooting his FAL, or any other .308 autoloader. Because those casings are heavy, and they do sting a bit, plus I don't wear protective eyewear when I shoot, because it isnt required at most outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:58:21 PM EDT
indoor or outdoor, not wearing eye protection is pretty dumb. what if your rifle KB's?

plus I don't wear protective eyewear when I shoot, because it isnt required at most outdoor ranges.

Top Top