Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:07:48 PM EDT
So I was at the range shooting my Romanian Ak-47 WASR 10, got about 75 rounds threw it when I started to have problems with my rounds ejecting like the bolt wasn't going back far enough it happened 3 times I cleared it every time and then it would work for 2 rounds or so and then do it again then on the 3rd time the bolt got jammed open I was puzzled and tried to get the bolt to close, and it wouldn't budge so a little pissed I went in side to see what was going on, took the back off (not sure what it's called). And the Bolt was stuck oppen I took off the spring and saw a cassing jammed in the action, BEHINDE THE BOLT, now can someone explane how this casing got there it wasn't there before I started shooting because I had cleaned it the night before, oh and by the way the casing was all bent up on the lip where it had been slammed into by the bolt trying to go back. so anybody got anyideas how this could have happend. I've never had any trouble with this gun befor, so anyinfo would be great thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:18:16 PM EDT
I've heard of that happening to other people. Never happened to me tho.
I still can't figure out how it happens.

Someone should be here shortly to explain it

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:30:50 PM EDT
Its the mags...there not sitting high enough to be striped correctly.....so the bolt will override the round and sometimes get the empty loged under the bolt. Where were the mags made your using...if thier US made throw them away. I had the same problem on a WASR3...i went to a different type mag and no more problems. Its a bitch getting those shells out from under the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:21:55 PM EDT
I've been saying it for years, AK's are just unreliable like that, get yourself a real weapon .
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:08:38 PM EDT
PanzerMK7 you probably float around these forums for threads like this so you can start stuff right? What ammo where you using? I've had problems with duds not enough powder and so on. Try diffrent ammo. 7.62 just isnt made to the same quality as .223 and theres no getting around it unless you want to by winchester.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:03:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AHKAHHURRAH:
PanzerMK7 you probably float around these forums for threads like this so you can start stuff right? What ammo where you using? I've had problems with duds not enough powder and so on. Try diffrent ammo. 7.62 just isnt made to the same quality as .223 and theres no getting around it unless you want to by winchester.

PanzerMK7 is joking, note the winky smiley.

Jesus Christ, you people are so serious about everything. I bet girls totally dig you all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dajini:

Originally Posted By AHKAHHURRAH:

PanzerMK7 is joking, note the winky smiley.

Jesus Christ, you people are so serious about everything. I bet girls totally dig you all.

LOL....apparently you have never been to the AR side.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:17:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:52:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OldTroop:

LOL....apparently you have never been to the AR side.

Dont need to, we are here.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:05:37 PM EDT
Lightning: Why were you cleaning it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:57:47 PM EDT
Top Top