Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:04:50 PM EDT
I just made my first ak purchase and cant wait till it gets here, I sure hope it lives up to all of the hype as I have never shot an ak before but have an sks. What does everyone think of the vepr?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice rifle. Well built, rock solid, nice trigger (for an AK) and accurate. You won't regret to have bought one

- Ice
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll probably see it around X-MAS time-of NEXT year!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my Vepr because it shoots so well, not because two rednecks from Georgia said I should like it.

Oh man Im gonna catch it for that one.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Great choice for your first AK.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, i'm not from Ga. or did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night----but I did pick up my slightly used VEPR k from a fellow member yesterday---every bit as beautiful, if not better, a build as my former Arsenal 1 0f 200 classic---for several hundred less. Will find out tomorrow how it shoots.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard they're front heavy, is this true?  If so is it really that noticeable?

I've always liked the way they look, and the new folder robarm is developing looks slick.  If they ever actually release it I may just buy one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I love my Vepr because it shoots so well, not because two rednecks from Georgia said I should like it.

Speaking of........where is the VEPR mafia hiding?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What a great variant Ak. I like shooting mine better than my AR's. It's like an Ar on steroids. Great quality and decent accuracy. You are gonna love it.........
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They went to another site The AK Forum
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You won't catch it over here. But you will over there!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They went to another site The AK Forum

Yeah thats where we WERE hiding....Now we have to start another site...thanks alot man.......
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
You made a fine choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I like mine.  It isn't exactly "authentic AK", but that's good because I've got enough "true to spec" AKs.  I like the ability to modify this one without purists getting their panties in a wad.  

I found the buttstock to be too long.  Hey, what can I say, I like short stocks!  So I put an AR stock on it so I could adjust it down to be shorter.  Since the VEPR stock is a one-piece unit with the grip and buttstock, I had to get a pistol grip for it.  I found the FAL type grip comfortable.  While I don't really like the LOOKS of these mods, it WORKS!

I put a MOJO rear peep sight on the rifle, and found it to be very nice.  

Here it is:

If they release a folding stock with a shorter length of pull, I'll be ALL over that!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You made a fine choice.

Yup, its a mighty fine thunderstick. Built like a tank
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#16]
jwise-that is one ugly rifle. But in a beautiful way!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#17]
jmhat98,

You made a fantastic choice in a rifle. They are a quality rifle for hundreds less than some other rifles and a thousand less than some others. If you want an awsome rifle and are on a budget it is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
You WILL like it.  I have one in 5.45.  Its one of my fav-o-rite shooters.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks guys for the input, I kind of bought it on impulse and now I am feeling better about dropping that kind of cash since it is so highly thought of. Should be here sometime next week, I found a great deal on gunbroker for a 7.62x39 with only a hundred rounds through it so I snatched it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
jwise-that is one ugly rifle. But in a beautiful way!!!

Thanks.

jmhat98- In case you haven't held one yet, expect it to be somewhat front heavy.  However, that helps it tame recoil quite a bit.  It's the RPK receiver and heavier barrel that adds the weight, but those features also make it VERY accurate.

You're gonna LOVE it!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top