Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:10:55 PM EDT
I just bought my First Ak today. I purchased a brand new Wasr-10 from a local shop here for 370. It came with a little kit with a sling, and bayonet, and such. My problem is I cant seem to get the bayonet on.

It looks like this picture here

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/images/Century.jpg

Is there some trick to getting it on. I slide it on like its susposed to and press the little button at the bottom so the teeth go in so i can slide it down to lock into place, but it just doesnt seem to work.

Maybe Im just doing something wrong, I dunno, or I just have aquired the magical touch yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]

yep, thats how it works: slide the bayo over the bbl, press the 2 prongs together and snap onto the bayo lug.....

congrats btw!

you sure you got the right link--i got some kinda home decorating thing
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just noticed that to.lol. You have to copy and paste it for it to work.

Also what does BBL mean.. Im still new :P
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Also what does BBL mean.. Im still new :P

BBL means barrrel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... Somethings not right.. Maybe the edges on the gun itself need to be filed down a little. It just wont slide down and lock into place.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Check your bayonet lug. Does it allowed the grip to lock snuggly onto it ??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem, getting my bayo to click onto the lug and barrel. Might have to open up the hole that slides onto the barrel, or file the bayo lug to fit. Some reason they are very tight. Just work with it, it'll get on there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Might have to open up the hole that slides onto the barrel.

What do you mean by doing this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a Romanian and can't get my bayonet on either.  :(

Very happy with the gun otherwise though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to say, but wasr sucks. I would go Vector for first buy
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:47:02 AM EDT
[#10]

I respectfully disagree. I love mine and it shoots great.  Just refinish the wood or slap on some plastic and use the money you saved for ammo!h.gif
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
One good thing about a WASR, it was factory built!hooter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I respectfully disagree. I love mine and it shoots great.  Just refinish the wood or slap on some plastic and use the money you saved for ammo!

Yeah I would have to say I really like mine.
Cheap, decent shooter.
I spent a little money on mine getting a better trigger and getting it refinished in norrell's.
I'm really happy with mine.
No it's not a high end Ak but it's still fun to shoot!
ETA: Not too sucky for a wasr.....

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just bought my First Ak today. I purchased a brand new Wasr-10 from a local shop here for 370. It came with a little kit with a sling, and bayonet, and such. My problem is I cant seem to get the bayonet on.

It looks like this picture here

Is there some trick to getting it on. I slide it on like its susposed to and press the little button at the bottom so the teeth go in so i can slide it down to lock into place, but it just doesnt seem to work.

Maybe Im just doing something wrong, I dunno, or I just have aquired the magical touch yet.

Congrats.

Been thinking about an AK myself. What shop did you go to? What part of Kansas you from?

Let us know how she shoots.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#14]
the bayo lug has to be shaved down a little
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not any more:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Would you mind telling me where you found it in kansas???
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Nuthing wrong with a WASR.

http://www.flkitesurf.com/old/aks.jpg
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Im from Bonner Springs. I got it at "The Gun Shop" in Olathe Kansas. Its on rogers road past Sante Fe, on the road right next to I-37. There is also Simmons gun shop a couple buildings away. Me and my friend bought the 2 they had out on the shelves, but I think I seen more in the back.

BTW: My friend got his bayo on with no problem at all. Im guessing I Just need to file it down a little and it should work.

Also Im thinking of refinishing my gun to make it look a little nicer. Are there any guides out there to help me do this. Would I need to take the whole gun apart to refinish the metal to make it look nicer?

Thanks for the help guys.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool. I know them well. They are good guys.

Show us pics of your prize when you can.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Normally I mind my own business when people bash Wasr's, I don't own one so I don't have a qualified opinion, but after reading many posts about them good and bad, many people have them and seem to like them (for the most part) they seem like a good entry level AK, with a bit of tweaking can become quite a serviceable rifle.

No one ever claimed an WASR to be a Arsenal,

When I see posts like this it truly saddens me,

"Sorry to say, but wasr sucks. I would go Vector for first buy"

It is sad that someone is that ignorant to insult another's purchase, more tactful ways exist to address the issue of your preference of one manufacture vs another.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Also Im thinking of refinishing my gun to make it look a little nicer. Are there any guides out there to help me do this. Would I need to take the whole gun apart to refinish the metal to make it look nicer

all i did was lightly sand down the stock, stained with 2 light coats of olympic "cherry"  wood sain and finished with 5 coats of tung oil (or you could do 2 coats poly). really shows off the lamination good.

as far as the metal, i just put some oil in

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

www.flkitesurf.com/old/aks.jpg

Hey MYKROWYRE, what slings are those and where did you get them, if you dont mind me asking? They look sweet and are exactly what I've been looking for.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok my next project is putting a mount with a new sight/scope. Anyone have any good suggestions for moderately priced ones, not to expensive ( gotta save up for my next purchase :) )
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]
AZhammer, those are some very "heavy" duty slings for sure.  Emphasis on "Heavy", they really are quite heavy for a sling.  But it will never break due to being too thin either!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Heres a crappy pic taken by my camera phone.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9360/toy9zf.th.jpg
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
One good thing about a WASR, it was factory built!  My latest WASR is from a 1986 rifle, good shooter.  I added a T6 stock and did the bump spring thing inside it.  Choate black handguards and added a small rail for a vertical foregrip that is detachable.  Bumps from the shoulder easily now or fix the stock and she shoots good semi-auto too!

NO
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey MYKROWYRE, what slings are those and where did you get them, if you dont mind me asking? They look sweet and are exactly what I've been looking for.

those are romanian slings. i i have seem them on k-var before (expensive) but i usually see them at gun shows cheap
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ok my next project is putting a mount with a new sight/scope. Anyone have any good suggestions for moderately priced ones, not to expensive ( gotta save up for my next purchase :) )

www.freedomoptics.com

almost everything on the site is unissued mil surplus. i would go with a kobra personally
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
One good thing about a WASR, it was factory built!  My latest WASR is from a 1986 rifle, good shooter.  I added a T6 stock and did the bump spring thing inside it.  Choate black handguards and added a small rail for a vertical foregrip that is detachable.  Bumps from the shoulder easily now or fix the stock and she shoots good semi-auto too!

no.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#30]
My condolences.
Never like the metal work on them.  Rough.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, so I took her to a range today. Had to drive an hour, but it was worth it. I couldn't wait any longer to shoot it. I shot 60 rounds and everything was fine and I was having a lot of fun. About halfway through my 4th mag one of the shells ejected and somehow hit my right above my left eyebrow. It suprised me pretty good and was sore but I finished off the mag. I then proceeded to walk over towards the bench to load another magazine when I felt the blood start to drip down my face. I went into the bathroom and just got a paper towel and covered it for a couple minutes and it was fine. It only left a little gash about a cm long not to bad. Gave me a headache so I just took some advil and all is fine now. What a story for my first time out with my gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Love mine.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok, so I took her to a range today. Had to drive an hour, but it was worth it. I couldn't wait any longer to shoot it. I shot 60 rounds and everything was fine and I was having a lot of fun. About halfway through my 4th clip one of the shells ejected and somehow hit my right above my left eyebrow. It suprised me pretty good and was sore but I finished off the clip. I then proceeded to walk over towards the bench to load another clip when I felt the blood start to drip down my face. I went into the bathroom and just got a paper towel and covered it for a couple minutes and it was fine. It only left a little gash about a cm long not to bad. Gave me a headache so I just took some advil and all is fine now. What a story for my first time out with my gun.

AK's don't use clips, they use mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the info :P

Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
WASR-10 in action with T6 "bump" stock and showing notched selector with BHO magazines.href=WASR-10 in T6 bump stock action
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

azhammer,
The OD sling like that come with mine,, but IIRC, Centerfire or Tapco used to sell them. I like my WASR10. I have better than 3k though it & still going. I'm not sure if this pic will 'stay' in this post or not so I'll add the link to my site where they're at. I can't see the pics I post on ARF after I post them & refresh... dunno??

http://www.thumpershole.com/gun_pics/WASR10_1.JPG

David
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top