Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:16:51 PM EDT
To all,

I'm looking for a cheap, reliable, well-built AK-47 variant (semi auto) with an underfolding stock. I currently have a Yugo SKS and I love it. The lack of a chrome bore doesn't bug me as I'm anal enough about my firearms anyway.

I have heard about a $400 price online, however I haven't seen anything to that effect, nor anything in stock. Most prices I see are in the $550 range. I don't want to deal with any shady, shiesty stores either. Good reputations are a must.

I do NOT want a Romanian AK. I've handled many and I was not impressed.

I'd also need to keep total price (FFL, tax, ship) under $450.

What do you guys reccommend?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:24:08 PM EDT
Good luck. Don't see it happening at that price, but you never know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:30:09 PM EDT
SpecialOperator, you missed the boat on the $395 Yugo UFs.
That was the price when they first came out, and the disappeared like donuts at a fat farm.
Since then, on every new batch, the price has gone up. Better buy one now. Word is the price is going up again.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:04:52 PM EDT
Nuts. You sure?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2006 9:10:33 PM EDT by Da_Bunny]
When you find one, order 8,000 for the rest of us.

I'm going to get a kit and build it. It'll be about $450 when it's done.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:12:52 PM EDT
Well I based this on what I've seen on aimsurplus and sog, they have them listed but "out of stock, accepting pre-orders", I haven't called them (weekend) but I assumed that, like surplus rifles, they'd just be waiting for the next crate to come in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:16:34 PM EDT
This site alone has probably accounted for all the rifles on back order for at least 4 wholesalers. C.A.I. is not in a hurry to meet the demand they so badly underestimated. I was told placing my order mid January my rifle would be shipped in 2nd week of February, that week has past no rifle yet. Price will go up but do not deal with Military Gun Supply or JoeKen. $400 was pretty much the dealer price to so unless your on backorder lists already you will pay more.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:28:37 PM EDT
Go to AIM surplus and order one. All there stuff is pretty much as they say it is. But I do think it is a romy but I could be wrong. But I have never had a bad experience with them. There are a real stand up place.
Top Top