Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2006 3:09:36 PM EDT
Got my mak90 out to the range for the first time today. The trigger will not "reset" after a round is fired. I really do not know how other to describe it. After the trigger is depressed and a round is fired the trigger stays in the rearward position and will not snap back to the front. I have to put my finger behind the trigger and push it foreward in order to get it back into position to be depressed again. Any one have any ideas as to what is causing this? TIA
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the original FCG or a replacement?  Did you check the sear spring?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
this is the orig trigger.......all springs seem to be in place and working.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A picture of the fire control group inside the receiver would help a lot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Take the receiver cover off and try the unloaded weapon for function.  Is any of the FCG hitting the selector lever.  Are both legs of the hammer spring correctly placed over the back of the trigger? Picture on correct placement, follow the link.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcgremoval3.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
this helps.......the last pic on the first page shoes a retangular piece with circular hole in the middle of it sitting flush against the bottom of the trigger housing. Mine sits at a 45 degree angle as opposed to flush. I will try this as the first point of problem.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
yes.....all the way to the left of the pic you posted for me......what is that part and how do I go about locking it back down? btw......thanking you for the illustration.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
that's a mounting nut for a stock or pistol grip.  Has nothing to do with function.

If your disconnector spring is in place and not broken, if your hammer spring is correctly positioned over the legs on the rear of the trigger, if the selector is placed in the fire position and allows the trigger to move freely when the hammer is in the fired position and no portion of the trigger is binding in the slots cut for it in the receiver then I don't know what the problem is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
you were correct. Only one half of the hammer spring was over the leg. I am retarted. Also found that a stripped screw was cause for the stock holding plate's odd angle. I believe I can take care of this. Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top