Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/10/2006 9:23:12 AM EDT
So which stock setup do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Fixed stocks are the best for shooting, but if you have to fold the side folders are more solid, but the under folders are super evil looking.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a traditionalist. I prefer a wood stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I chose under because of the coolness factor, but I shoot side folders and wood stocks personally.  I do have a Polish underfolder coming that I am going to build just because I don't have one yet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
if $ is tight i'd go std. and get more ammo, if not get one of ea.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my underfolder yugo, very solid.  shoots as easy a a fixed stock, except more weight up front.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
the amd65 folder was very uncomfortable for cheek weld reasons, so I welded a piece of round wire that i had around that was 1/4" thick to the base area of the wire on the orig stock back to the top area parts of the buttpad. makes all the difference in the world for sight picture and still doesn't interfere with bolt manipulation. If what I did was so easy(took 30 mins) why didn't FEG do this in the beginning? basically makes the stock a right folding version of the krink stock. and the lockup on the amd series is EXTREMELY solid...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Becuase I can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fixed stocks are the best for shooting, but if you have to fold the side folders are more solid, but the under folders are super evil looking.

I agree. Those underfolders are way too evil!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top