BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
I  made a very large purchase last week from him from behind the Iron Curtain. I'll keep you all updated as to if and when I receive it.  This will be a test-case scenario.

I think Andrei is a Battalion Commander in a Motor Rifle Division.  How else can he get his mits on all these parts??  

Stay tuned.  

Check pic at bottom of thread!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
dude,...

he is a stand up guy that i trust.

i can only say that about three people on this planet,...one of which was in iraq with me,..the other is there now,...so that should give you a idea of what it take for me to say i trust a guy.

now im warning you right now,...it will take quite sometime for your stuff to get here,..but it will get here.and if there are any problems he will make good on it.

alot of people get bent because it takes a long time for stuff to get here or because sometime there is a problem at customs

there are alot of guys on the fourm and on the other AK fourm that will stand up for the guy.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
+1.  I've ordered a few, albeit small, items from him in the past off gunbroker.

it took some time, but i was in no hurry for any of them and they arrived.  people don't seem to realize the circumstances.  the guy isn't located in cleveland folks--he's halfway around the world in what many would say is not one of the easier countries in which one can engage in commerce.

the vast majority of the complaints i've seen have dealt with people whining about it taking a few months for stuff to get here.  sometimes that's how it works folks.  like they say on the Mossy Oak commercials:  "Sit back, breathe deep; as the wind in the grass just reminded us, there's plenty of time."

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought some mags from him that were state side and got them in just a few days. Everyone that i know that bought stuff from him via Russia have received everything, just took time. If you dont want to wait theres always Tantal but its double the price and he doesnt always have it in stock. McM
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember a lot of "shit talking" about andyarts...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I sure as shit remembered this archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=76586
fvking pissed me off
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sure as shit remembered this archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=76586
fvking pissed me off

Ahhh yes.  Thanks for refreshing my memory.  Just proves that there a well established group of pricks that frequent these forums.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem with Andrei I got my stuff in 3 days.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
www.akstore.net

All the parts are purchased in Russia on the commercial market. They are either sold as Saiga spares, or parts for models (Russians consider deactivated guns models).

Main guy he gets the stuff from buys it either direct from Izhmash, or some Army storehouses in the Izhevsk area.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a "rather large" order of things I purchased a bit over three months ago from Andrei and it is apparantly (supposedly) in transit right now. Partially shipped from Germany, part from Russia. We shall see. Should be REAL soon.

I bought three slings from Andrei a while ago, a small order comparitively, and it got here, FROM RUSSIA, in about a week and a half which is supersonic from Russia! As far as I can tell, Andrei kharosho chelovek!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link!  I'm planning on going over to the Czech Republic later this summer or fall with our business and hope to find some time to look around for certain things while I'm over there.

get me a flag please!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I used him several times, never had any problems.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I have to add my story as long as someone asked.   Ordered folding stock assembly 8/3/05.  received stock only, no hardware 11/14/05.  Was stated that hardware would arrive separate package.  Did not show up at all.  New package claimed to have been shipped direct from Russia 12/2?/ 05.  Still do not have hardware in my possession, getting ready to give up on this source for my project.   Andrei always answers e-mails, and I believe his heart is in the right place, but to many variables out of his control.  You roll the dice on this source.  I will continue to patiently wait for my parts, but may not order from again.  I am willing to pay more for better service.  I tallied my communications and have 36 e-mails to follow up with.  My story.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the link. Wow. He has some awesome stuff. There is a 4 pc stockset with the metal folder and laminate furniture that I am drooling over.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I've said it before (somewhere) and I'll say it again. The stuff he has is SOOOO cool and desirable but you have to look at it like your in Vegas gambling. Don't spend any money that your not willing to LOSE on the risk. Those mags he had here in WA were a no-brainer. But the other stuff on Gunbroker...........your taking a risk. And it's not his fault (I don't think). I have stuff on it's way to me right now but I'm not counting my chickens.......no friggin' way. The day it actually gets here..........it will be like Christmas or winning the lottery. Crappy situation?? Yep.

We "love ya" Andrei but you need to get someone here in the states stockpiled with your stuff ahead of time and then you can do some BIG and FAST business!!!!!!!!!

Ya dobrovoletz kollego.............
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
So far, I have not heard of anyone actually getting stiffed when it comes to a shipment. Any that have been losted or stolen by customs have either been refunded, or a replacment sent out (thought it might still be in transit).

As for stockpiling items in the US, thats not really practical for Andrei; He has already had one large, $10,000 shipment seized by customs.. Sending any large shipments like that is quite a gamble. He has talked about locating a stash in Germany, but not sure how that is working out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As for stockpiling items in the US, thats not really practical for Andrei; He has already had one large, $10,000 shipment seized by customs.. Sending any large shipments like that is quite a gamble.

That's the risk in doing business here.

If you want more sales, you have to have product.
Shifting the risk (and shipping delay) to the customer will just reduce sales.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Well, needless to say, I'm convinced.  Arrived today from an address in Seattle. He must have a safe house or something, because I sent payment last Monday.

Scope is in perfect, like-new condition.  Same hammer-grey finish as the POSP scopes. It even SMELLS like the Cold War! Came with a shit pot of massive lithium batteries.  And it works!!  It emits a high-pitched  tone, and the reticle is the typical Soviet chevron.  Came with a lot of stuff.  But the manual is the best!!!  I need to find a Russian translator!!

I'll try it out tonight and post results.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As for stockpiling items in the US, thats not really practical for Andrei; He has already had one large, $10,000 shipment seized by customs.. Sending any large shipments like that is quite a gamble.

I agree, but its just not practical.

Also, as Andrei has items that nobody else has (or simply buys from him and sells for 2x the price for those that need instant gratification) people seem to be willing to wait.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Here is a close-up where you can see the Hammer & Sickle emblem on the control panel!!

Scope has a daylight filter.  It seems to be a fixed 4 or 5 power.  Anything within about 50 yards is a little blurry, but it gets very clear after that. The image is so clear, I could actually use this as a giant daytime scope!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/pieceofstink/MVC-189S.jpg

Well, needless to say, I'm convinced.  Arrived today from an address in Seattle. He must have a safe house or something, because I sent payment last Monday.

Scope is in perfect, like-new condition.  Same hammer-grey finish as the POSP scopes. It even SMELLS like the Cold War! Came with a shit pot of massive lithium batteries.  And it works!!  It emits a high-pitched  tone, and the reticle is the typical Soviet chevron.  Came with a lot of stuff.  But the manual is the best!!!  I need to find a Russian translator!!

I'll try it out tonight and post results.

SHIT SON!

its night vision right?,......how much did that set you back?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, Dad-it is.  About $1000 when all was said and done.  But I've been looking for one of these for years.  Just think-I'll be able to kill coyotes WITH AN AK!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#25]
That is the "niceness".  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#26]
His prices seem pretty high on the mags. You can get a brand new plum mag from Dan's Ammo for $22 and this guy wants $80+???
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#27]
how much do those things weigh?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#28]
It weighs about as much as my AK!!!!  And it's almost as long!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
His prices seem pretty high on the mags. You can get a brand new plum mag from Dan's Ammo for $22 and this guy wants $80+???

\

Thats about the exception.. The rest of the stuff is about 1/2 the market value.. Even the plum mags are cheap compared to what they used to be.. Sure everyone remembers where they were $100+
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#30]
That is One Awesome Scope !!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Those are cool scopes... Now you need to get a charger so you can use your batteries...

Or build one of these for standard 9 volts...

Then you can start your search for one of these...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

\

Thats about the exception.. The rest of the stuff is about 1/2 the market value.. Even the plum mags are cheap compared to what they used to be.. Sure everyone remembers where they were $100+

I picked up a 45 rnd plum RPK - lowest price by far I've ever seen.  Nerw condition
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Took the scope out tonight and it works great. It definitely is better than any 1st Gen. unit I have used, but not as good as Gen. 2.  

Spooky-After testing it on a meter, we figured it would work with a 9-Volt. The batteries are all charged for now. But I would really appreciate some guidance on how to make that adapter.

And how the heck do you work this damn thing? When we fired it, the bullets hit far right.  We are actually making hits by aiming with the 2 on the range finder!

I'm going to go back to Wal-Mart in Reno and look for that Polish chick named Angelika.  I think she speaks Russian.  I heard she is working at Harrah's in downtown Reno also.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#34]
been waiting around 6 months now for my AK-100 hardware................
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#35]
You can get english translation manuals for that scope, heres the link. Item # 593     McM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stuff I wanted was priced in Euros. an 'Andrei' answered my emails

maybe a different Andrei
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stuff I wanted was priced in Euros. an 'Andrei' answered my emails

maybe a different Andrei

\

That is Oleg from England. Unrelated.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#38]
you are right, Stottman. It was Oleg.

My mistake.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm sure you had an approved Form 6 to import these parts if you are bragging about it on a public forum.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm sure you had an approved Form 6 to import these parts if you are bragging about it on a public forum.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#41]
AndyArts/Ruseller/Andrei

Can I get my hardware, or a refund?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have to add my story as long as someone asked.   Ordered folding stock assembly 8/3/05.  received stock only, no hardware 11/14/05.  Was stated that hardware would arrive separate package.  Did not show up at all.  New package claimed to have been shipped direct from Russia 12/2?/ 05.  Still do not have hardware in my possession, getting ready to give up on this source for my project.   Andrei always answers e-mails, and I believe his heart is in the right place, but to many variables out of his control.  You roll the dice on this source.  I will continue to patiently wait for my parts, but may not order from again.  I am willing to pay more for better service.  I tallied my communications and have 36 e-mails to follow up with.  My story.

I am quoting my self to prove to all that Andrei is to be trusted.  I received my stock hardware today!  My package appeared to have been opened in transit for inspection, but all parts were accounted for, none missing.   Patience is the key, I give Andrei AAA+++ for getting this stuff out of Russia.  He is a man of his word.  I now need to save up for some Saiga mags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Most definitely, patience is the key.

Andy will follow through.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Hard when he tells me different stuff about when, and where it shipped from every month.....

I'm just not getting it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I understand the waiting - believe me, I had the same worries when I was waiting for my poly folders.

Andrei's a good, honest guy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#46]
I had one order that got confiscated in Customs but though it took time Andrei made it right and then some. In fact, I just received a couple of other orders that took almost exactly 4 weeks to arrive after being ordered.
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You dropped your tampon...

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am quoting my self to prove to all that Andrei is to be trusted.  I received my stock hardware today!  My package appeared to have been opened in transit for inspection, but all parts were accounted for, none missing.   Patience is the key, I give Andrei AAA+++ for getting this stuff out of Russia.  He is a man of his word.  I now need to save up for some Saiga mags.

Wow. Sounds like your SitRep is the same..........

I'm gonna just forget about it. Find some Bulgarian hardware for my stock. When it finally comes.....

cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I just ordered 2 RPK cleaning rods from him.  Got to my house in 5 days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I just ordered 2 RPK cleaning rods from him.  Got to my house in 5 days.

They should.........

they were in Seattle....not Russia

lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top