Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:31:14 PM EDT
im selling my SAR-1 off to a friend of mine down in Mississippi (Fullmetaljacket85 over at AK47.net/hk94.com) and with the money from that im getting (already ordered):

2 US FCGs, 2 US gas pistons, 2 US SAW grips (will be replaced with regular grips, these things are rediculous looking but they came in a package deal for cheap) , these parts all from Tapco....then also two Romy AK47 kits from AIM surplus.... being I am also getting rid of my Romy 75 round drum, I decided to spend the few more $$$ and get the Chinese 75 rnd drum from AIM for $130....

my parents will love me when they see this all on their CC statement....yes they will be paid back with the money from the SAR rifle (+extra cash as I went over budget)....

for recievers, ill probally be using flats for the kits to build them up...I plan on only building one kit up at the moment.....as I just aquired a SA2000M which I want to convert over to high cap and make it 922 compliant of course.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with the SAW grip?  Have you ever held one before?  Man, it just feels right and comfortable in the hand and has a storage spot to boot.  I like it so well I swapped out my WASR10 SAW grip for my new Yugo M70 grip!  The SAW grip is way larger than either the standard AK or the Yugo grip.  I figure my Yugo is "massive" all over so the grip should be large as well.http://home.comcast.net/~M70AK3/bothAK2s.jpg
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
i cringe at these tapco creations....I want a M70 fixed stock....aHHH i want one
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Matt,

I like the SAW grip too!  I have one that's going on my Arsenal SA M-7.  To me, it adds a "touch-of-class."  Specifically with the Arsenal and that beefy milled receiver.  Just does it for me, (not for you though, huh)?

Take care Matt and send those pics when you get your weapons put together.

Regards,

Bud

ETA: Matt, you really need to stop wasting time with this AK stuff and study...man...study!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
The only reason that vertical grip is on my WASR10 is so I will have something to hang on to when I use the T6 bump stock from the shoulder.  I personally hate vertical grips, but after my last bump session where I grabbed it tight when it got going and one finger slipped through the handguard slots and touched the barrel, well it it's almost healed now after 3 weeks!

That's as far as I am going to "Tapcorize" the M70.  I would have prefered the FN original grip but the mounting is slightly different inside.  It's made of hard rubber, not hard plastic as the Tapco version is.  Still, it fits the hand better than any other grip I have ever felt.  

And the T6 stock, well, who says an AK has to have a 2x4 hanging off the back of it?   Plus this one is "spring loaded" for shoulder bumping assist.  Plain and simple, it works!  Like the Yugo rifles with BHO mags and notched selectors from the Factory, it's an improvement in my book and has Factory approval.  If you look carefully both of those AK's have notched selectors and ALL of my mags are BHO's.  It is so wrong to pull the trigger and hear, "click, you are dead".
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's wrong with the SAW grip?  Have you ever held one before?  Man, it just feels right and comfortable in the hand and has a storage spot to boot.  I like it so well I swapped out my WASR10 SAW grip for my new Yugo M70 grip!  The SAW grip is way larger than either the standard AK or the Yugo grip.  I figure my Yugo is "massive" all over so the grip should be large as well.

home.comcast.net/~M70AK3/bothAK2s.jpg

I like the look of that SAW grip on your Yugo.  I'm not much for "ARccessorizing" my AKs, but that really looks good. How does she shoot?

Regards,

Bud
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
It shoots like a milled one!  Felt recoil is so much less than a SAR or Wasr.  And I have never been able to hit the welding tanks at the lease with any of my AK's I have owned but with the Yugo I can "gong" them standing up and the tanks are @ 400 yards.

Another thing about these Yugo's.  Know how a new AK feels, sort of rough around the edges until she gets broke in?  This Yugo feels like it was lapped with valve grinding compound before it left the builder.  The action is so smooth straight out of the box, you'd swear it already had 2K rounds through it!  Get one while you can!  I sold my SAR1 to get money to go towards this one.  Well worth it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Matt,

I like the SAW grip too!  I have one that's going on my Arsenal SA M-7.  To me, it adds a "touch-of-class."  Specifically with the Arsenal and that beefy milled receiver.  Just does it for me, (not for you though, huh)?

Regards,

Bud

ETA: Matt, you really need to stop wasting time with this AK stuff and study...man...study!!

im stareting to get light headed

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I hear that's a common symptom with Trolls!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Its Fullmedaljacket8
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its Fullmedaljacket8

What?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
damn with that super tactical T(for tactical)-6 stock you should be on some super tactical awesome mega sweet swat team or something.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
damn with that super tactical T(for tactical)-6 stock you should be on some super tactical awesome mega sweet swat team or something.

No man with a T-6 stock needs a TEAM.. He's instantly tapcorized into a one-man tactical powerhouse that dictators and drug kingpins will seak out to surrender to.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
dude....

please put that yugo grip BACK on the Yugo underfolder where it belongs.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
dude....

please put that yugo grip BACK on the Yugo underfolder where it belongs.....

+1

I only got the SAW grips because it was apart of of package deal...I will probally sell them on the EE and get regular US century grips for the compliance part....

I cant agree with anyone putting a T6 stock, Galil handguards, SAW grips or anything of the sort on AKs...its just wrong...  Everytime you do that, God kills a puppy
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I love the SAW grip on my AK. I just can't stand the feel of the skinny little AK grip.

This is a weapon, not a museum piece. If I wanted to him and haw about something being "proper" or "correct" I would start a fucking stamp collection.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
what i really want right now is a M70 fixed stock AK....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]
stargazer, triburst, I have one thing to say:
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I love the SAW grip on my AK. I just can't stand the feel of the skinny little AK grip.

This is a weapon, not a museum piece. If I wanted to him and haw about something being "original" or "correct" I would collect fucking stamps.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0340.jpg

I'm sorry...but that rifle looks sharp!  That grip just seems to fit that gun.  I have rather large hands for my build and a larger diameter grip adds not only comfort, but shootability.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Matt,

Regards,

Bud

your killing me here...thats what my mom complains to me about...is me being on the forums too much...and not enough studying/school... ah well

when I get home , with my new aquisitions, I will take a pic and send you it , defintily.,...just remind me
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Triburst1 & Bachelor_of_Science, My thoughts EXACTLY!  Thank you for appreciating the "upgrade".  I wonder if those other folks like the "notched" selector?  Probably not, it's another AK "upgrade", but go here and take a look at some of the selectors here.

Zastava Arms

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
stargazer, triburst, I have one thing to say:
i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/onot/AK.jpg

Damn commies. Always trying to tell you what to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#22]
my AK is made with rivets made from melted down t75 rusian tank barrels.

"start collecting stamps" +1

Stargazzer,

can I have some details as to how you put the "spring assist" in the buttstock? it's something I've been pondering for a while. good to see someone pulled it off successfully. vert foregrips are awsome for AIMED BUMP FIRE  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Santana2, here is the thread.  You may have to join the group to view it, not sure.  But another AK forum to be associated with is NOT a bad thing!  This link explains it all:

T6 bump stock thread

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice rifles guys. Don't let the purist discourage you. Im a purist ( but don't preach it out loud ) , but see the advantage of a Better pistol grip and handleing of the rifle. I have a SAW grip also.Not mount but bought one. It helped in the gripping and handleing  ALOT.  Good Job, WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top