Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:03:56 PM EDT
Well for those of us who live in the Democratic Peoples Republik of Maryland 30 rounders are a no no to buy, sell or trade, dumb law because they are still legal to own....anyway, because of this law i have to go to Virginia for all my magazines over 20 rds. The Nations Gun Show started today so i headed down to get an early start. AK magazine availability is pretty good there, plenty of steel mags of varying conditions, plenty of com block polymer and some new manufacture polish slab side polymer mags in 7.62. All this is great, however i have been searching for some Bulgarian "Circle 10" waffle mags. Lo and behold the second table i went to had ONE, yes ONE for 20 bucks, about 3 bucks more than i wanted to spend but hell it turned out to be the only one in the whole show. HEHE on a side note, i had to notice all the other AK guys oogleing over the American made crappy waffles. Little did they know i had the only good one.....hah. If they only knew what they missed.......

This thing is built like a rock.

To most it might seem like im making a big deal about nothing, but you guys gotta understand how rare these mags are in my area.  Nobody and i do mean nobody, has em.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have about fifteen of them Good find for ya, enjoy it
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
haha wanna ship me a couple?  i love these things, has anyone had good experiences with em? torture tests and the like?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on finding what you were looking for. Mini treasure hunts are always fun.

Not to hijack this thread, but i am planning to get an AK (VEPR K) when i can find one, and was wondering...

what is the best kind of AK mag???

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at the show also, I also saw that one "real" waffle" mag.....it was the table way in the back towards the left side.......i asked the dealer that was selling it......and he said its the last one that he had.....i guess you picked it up......it was the only "real" 30rd waffle that i saw at the show....

also..... 7.62X39 ammo is getting harder to find at the show......they sold all of them within like 15 mins into the show.....good thing i picked up a case of wolf FMJ .....i tried to get a second case.....and they were all out!!!... it cost me 120 for the case, i remember in the past i paid only 68 bucks for wolf and 89 for silver bear

Hey!!!!............i think I talked to ya at the show today, So you did find that waffle mag

oh ya, btw thanks for talking me into the LULA, it worked great, didn't know how i lived without it in the past....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
American made crappy waffles

????????????

you mean promag, right?

I have 27 polymer waffle mags from PROMAG..............

Let me tell you guys a little story......... I was totally AR, the first AK I bought was a Yugo M92 kit.
Of course I spent lots of time here trying to find out what was right. I went to the gun store to buy
some ammo and they had 2 polymer mags in their counter. I asked how much for those and they said $12
each, I bought them both of course. They ran flawless, I bought 10 more......then another 10. The other
5 are on their way, so far I have right now in my possesion I have 2 that had to be trimmed to fit.
Other than that they work perfect. My AK collection consists of the M92....WASR....VEPR K.
Promags run perfect in everyone of them.........
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well for those of us who live in the Democratic Peoples Republik of Maryland 30 rounders are a no no to buy, sell or trade, dumb law because they are still legal to own....anyway, because of this law i have to go to Virginia for all my magazines over 20 rds. The Nations Gun Show started today so i headed down to get an early start. AK magazine availability is pretty good there, plenty of steel mags of varying conditions, plenty of com block polymer and some new manufacture polish slab side polymer mags in 7.62. All this is great, however i have been searching for some Bulgarian "Circle 10" waffle mags. Lo and behold the second table i went to had ONE, yes ONE for 20 bucks, about 3 bucks more than i wanted to spend but hell it turned out to be the only one in the whole show. HEHE on a side note, i had to notice all the other AK guys oogleing over the American made crappy waffles. Little did they know i had the only good one.....hah. If they only knew what they missed.......

This thing is built like a rock.

To most it might seem like im making a big deal about nothing, but you guys gotta understand how rare these mags are in my area.  Nobody and i do mean nobody, has em.

I see these all the time at the shows around here so please educate me; are they really junk? Should I save my money?

I have about 30 of the Circle 10 waffle mags so I'm not hurting for mags but I see the American made ones and I've always wondered about them and been afraid to buy any. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My AKM came with a Pro Mag. It worked perfectly, so I bought two more. They work great too. No trimming needed. Nuthin. They are a bit flexible when fitted compared to a steel mag. But they still fit snug and feed perfectly. Last trip to  the range I putted alternating rounds of different ammo in a Pro Mag just to see how the gun would take it. No problems.
The Pro Mags are now up to $19 at many vendors. Steel ones are much cheaper than that. So I don't plan to get more unless I find a buy on  them. But the three I have work fine. Much lighter than the steel ones if that matters to you.
Recently I got eight used Yugo mags from Centerfire. They have the bolt stop followers in them. I gotta get those cleaned off and oiled so I can try them out!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]
While I have no personal experience with the Promags, I can't see spending the money on them!  They are every bit as expensive as the Bulgy's and not near as tough.  The Bulgy's are steel reinforced at the top.  In my opinion, it is only a matter of time until the constant inserting/removing starts to wear on their all plastic notch.  Someone is always selling some on the EE.  As a matter of fact, Mouseboy has them for $16 apiece on there right now.  I guess all that matters is that whatever mags you use, work.  As long as you are happy!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw 3 of them this morning...color wise that is...tan, black and olive green. One guy they were $18.95 and another guy had them for $15. I said the hell with them and bought 2 E. German mags for $18.00...better deal to me. I might buy one next show just to try out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]
cant you order them from k-var. I have a whole bunch of bulgy waffle 30s and 40s.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah i dont have personal experience with promag waffles but my shooting buddy does, one good drop and you can kiss your plastic latch catch goodbye. and yes the constant inserting and removing of the mag will wear off the catch lip on the front, dont bother with them!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a thread a few months ago were a guy posted pics of his promag that broke the base plate lips off when it was dropped fully loaded.
Can't find it in the archives.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top