Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:55:34 PM EDT
Guys,
I need your help!  How the HE&% do you get off the rear sight?  I'm trying to install a mojo peep.  I even orderd the campy tool.  It doesn't work worth S#i& Certainly not like the video on RSA's website. I have tried screw drivers and every other means possible of holding down the rear leaf...no luck Any advice?  I have a SAM-7.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just put the rifle in my cleaning cradle and stick a thin flat blade screwdriver in front of the sight to catch the edge of the spring.  I then push down and the sight will just lower itself out of the mount.  Once you figure it out it's really very easy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a piece of a 1/4 or 3/8 dowel rod about 4 inches or so long, press down on the sight at the barrel end and pull the sight at the same time, it'll pop out and fly across the room, lol. have a shop towel or something in your hand so you can put a good bit of pressure on the dowel rod, works every time for me ...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
it's a nightmare and I managed to get one off without any tools.  After that I said never again to myself.

I was SORE in the morning.

I would use some sort of clamp combined with a dowel, then slowly crank it down then when the rear sight clears that notch, knock it out in an instant, it's a good idea with wear a goggle and put a towel over everything to prevent parts from flying.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Apache659,
Thanks for your advice it worked like a charm. Sight went fl;ying across the room.  Don't know where it went.  Maybe one of the dogs will find it.  Thanks for the info, it worked a heck of a lot quicker and easier than Power Custom's faulty Campy Tool!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top