Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:18:06 AM EDT
   I have a WASR-3 with a scope mounted on it. The side mount is made in Belarus (BP-01). It has a pictanny rail on top and sets close to the receiver top. The WASR-3 has been 100% reliable for the last 400 rounds of Wolf 55 grain FMJ.
  I was able to shoot the rifle last weekend at a local shooting range. I rested the rifle across my folded cloth gun bag on the table. At 50 yards I was getting  clover leafs. The bullets were actually touching where they cut through the target. At 100 yards the groups opened up to 2 MOA but I started getting an occassional flyer. The scope was a Leupold 3X9X40 Vari-X II.
   When I got home I removed the scope from the side mount and noticed the top rail which was screwed to the sidemount had come loose. I tightened it with a screw driver and stripped out one screw head. Can any of you guys tell me where to get a replacement screw? I am going to locktite them down when I replace the screws. Thanks.....Mike
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
it's going to be metric.....but God only knows the thread...I would suggest taking the screw and entire assembly to Lowes hardware or Home depot and sifting throught their screw bins to find a match
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have found Lowe's has a better selection of "odd" screws than Home Depot.

If you have a gunsmith nearby, you could also see if they have what you need.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top