Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
Ok, I just picked up my Norinco 56s (675$ shipped). It looks great. The blueing is excellent, bore, wood finish. Anyways, the gas tube wiggles side to side about 2mm. I took off the gas tube and looked at the wood. the wood is alll tight. It is the gas tube that has a tiny bit of play.

Is there any way to correct this? Is it not a big deal? Are Norincos known for this?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I just purchased a Norinco SKS para trooper and the gas tube does the same thing. It did not effect shooting or anything else. I think it just happens on some of them as my other 3 norinco SKS's are gas tube tight.

RW3
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just purchased a Norinco SKS para trooper and the gas tube does the same thing. It did not effect shooting or anything else. I think it just happens on some of them as my other 3 norinco SKS's are gas tube tight.

RW3

How can you modify for the tight fit?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The tube on my on my Chinese .223 rifle became loose when I replaced the wood with U.S plastic. I fit some aluminum foil where it locks up. Rattle removed.

JoeLad
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top