Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:29:36 PM EDT
Are you friggin crazy? WTF, you get a pre-ban AK and now you want to pimp that bi**h out. Go back to the AR side. We don't pimp our AK's or put Crapco s**t on them.

­

<­BR>

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 5:32:22 PM EDT by spartan28]
Don't change anything. It is beautiful the way it is.

And value will decrease the more you butcher it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:33:13 PM EDT
I know it is your rifle but that fucker is Beautiful. I would not change a thing...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:33:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:35:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:31 PM EDT
Well, if you must... put a chicom underfolder on it. Other than that, leave it alone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:37:39 PM EDT
Keep in mind that is a Chinese gun so a lot of the stock that fit on European AKs will have to be modified to fit on this gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:38:01 PM EDT
Tapco has some real nice Galil plastic handguards you can put on it. How about a receiver cover scope mount and a BSA 9x30x40mm sniper scope to go along with the TAPCO folder. You need a laser or two on it, also.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:42:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:42:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
So, I've finally found a Pre-Ban AK... so I can do evil things to it... Being a NYer sucks in so many ways.

nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/043427000/43427450/pix1768981984.jpg

So what say you? I want a sidefolder. Are the Galil style folders from Tapco any good? There won't be a side rail for optics, so what about an Ultimak... anybody have some pics of that? Can a Galil style front handguard work with an Ultimak?

Lets hear those ideas!

No tapco.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT by 1BMF]
If you want a folding stock, an underfolder would require modification of the receiver. That would probably decrease its value being un-original. You could get a sidefolder for it that will simply install into the rear trunnion that is on there. A tapco folder is a piece of junk, dont bother with it. Get a Romy/E. German sidefolder. They look pretty good and require no receiver mods.

Or if you want to pay the premium again, track down a red bakelite stock set(or black-even more rare) and install that. The Chinese made a sidefolder which im pretty sure just installs onto a standard rear trunnion. Im on a school comp, and will post pics when i get home. It would keep it true commie chinese and take advantage of the evilness premium
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:
Tapco has some real nice Galil plastic handguards you can put on it. How about a receiver cover scope mount and a BSA 9x30x40mm sniper scope to go along with the TAPCO folder. You need a laser or two on it, also.

I guess your right, put at least 2 tactical lights on it, laser, and at least six rails total.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT

So, I've finally found a Pre-Ban AK... so I can do evil things to it... Being a NYer sucks in so many ways.

nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/043427000/43427450/pix1768981984.jpg

So what say you? I want a sidefolder. Are the Galil style folders from Tapco any good? There won't be a side rail for optics, so what about an Ultimak... anybody have some pics of that? Can a Galil style front handguard work with an Ultimak?

Lets hear those ideas!

send it to me. that would be pimp.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:49:23 PM EDT
If that's a Chinese rifle then I don't think you can just drop a Romanian folding stock on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:49:38 PM EDT
That's what I did.. shelled out mucho dinero for a pre89 sile import norinco, pimped it out. All I did was make it heavier though...

<­BR>

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:49:52 PM EDT
I agree, Romy sidefolder won't force you to permanently alter the gun and it can be a little more evil.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:58 PM EDT
Sell it and get a WASR.....BUCTCHER A PRE-BAN.....Might as well as cut off your nads....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:16 PM EDT

Hmmmmmm... wonder if there is any point to having a pre-ban without doing anything to it... I mean, functionally what's the difference between a $700 pre-ban and a $400 post-ban without features?

I suppose it might go up in value unlike a $400 post-ban.

Functionally not much, in your situation where you need pre-ban to do anything to a gun it is different. Many of the people who buy pre-bans buy them to collect them as well as shoot them, or just collect them in some cases. In some people's mind it is blasphemy to pimp out a pre-ban, but it is your gun so do as you please.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:54:05 PM EDT
Leave it alone. You do not deserve that pre-ban AK. Send it to me and I will get you a WASR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:56:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:51 PM EDT
Pimp to your hearts content, just no Tapco except G2. I am not sure of the date of your rifle but if you change it from its imported configuration you may have to meet 922r compliance. This is my rifle I regularly take beatings over on this board.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:58:29 PM EDT
Personally, I think that's a beautiful weapon...as is. I wouldn't do a thing to it. But that's me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:59:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By h8mtv:
Pimp to your hearts content, just no Tapco except G2. I am not sure of the date of your rifle but if you change it from its imported configuration you may have to meet 922r compliance. This is my rifle I regularly take beatings over on this board.

img516.imageshack.us/img516/4882/img33064xh.jpg

Nice! Let's see a shot of that with the side-folder open! Maybe "ranger" will follow suit!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:00:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bachelor_of_Science:
Personally, I think that's a beautiful weapon...as is. I wouldn't do a thing to it. But that's me.

I agree. I only did my Saiga because it is a project gun and has been since day one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:02:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:53 PM EDT
Sell that gun to someone who knows how to care for it.

I bought a pre-89 gun and I like it because it IS A PRE 1989 GUN.

ANYONE can put US made crap on their AK, thats the damn law of 922(r)! ADDING US made stuff DEFYS THE POINT of having a pre-ban gun! I mean, the whole reason people try so hard to get a pre-ban gun is so they can have original things like wood pistol grips or dimpled recievers or spike bayonets... you adding a bunch of US made shit makes you like every other retard out there who wants their AK to look like it is fresh from a SWAT armory.

I have a pre-ban Polytech. Look at the damn wood! Its beautiful! My gun is cool because it has stuff people would pay through the nose to get, that every new AK after 922(r) can never have- all original parts, wood pistol grip, etc. If you want to be some douche bag and go make your AK look like it came out of a Mattel toybox, do it to an AK that HAS to have that stuff anyway, not to a good preban.

You don't deserve it.

Buy a cool flash hider for it and be happy. That or sell it off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:06:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:48 PM EDT

Details please!

Okay, Saiga 7.62 with Ace SS length sidefolder Ultimak gas tube, Bushnell holosight, Kvar grip, G2 trigger, "Duke" birdcage fh (soon to be replaced with a Phoenix). I now have a black poly hg on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:08:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 6:08:34 PM EDT by Q-gunner2]
And you called someone else gay?

HiramRanger, you are too immature to be on this site, let alone even toutch a real gun. Go watch Barney and sell that gun to a real man that doesn't ask men to perform sex acts on him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:10:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SilverState:
I agree, Romy sidefolder won't force you to permanently alter the gun and it can be a little more evil.

your avatar is my favorite video game.

now about that AK,.... it is just beautiful the way it is,....if you want a AK to pimp out,...go buy a WASR
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:10:06 PM EDT
While we in Va live in the land of milk and honey I can certainly feel the pain of a fellow caught in a less than free state. Lets calm down gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:11:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
ibtl
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:14:48 PM EDT
Your money to waste I guess, but its history and a rare gun you are butchering.

Congrats, your gun will look like a total piece of shit and, in addition, it is no longer individual- it is a gun that looks like what any other moron can have. Look on Gunbroker. You see dozens of AKs with plastic crap on them, but onlt 10 or less pre-ban AKs with original furniture.

You must have been the kinda kid with self esteem issues, copied everyone else and needs to feel big. It's kinda sad. Also, the rifle you have isn't legally owned- you have to be over 18 to buy a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:15:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:44 PM EDT
Guys, back off a little. Our friend is stuck behind enemy lines, and he has very limited options. My personal opinion is that he should leave it alone, but that is me. Hiram Ranger has every right to do what he wants with his new toy, and he's just looking for options that have worked for other people. Remember, he either gets to have a Pre-ban, or no AK at all; there is no middle ground or option for a cheapie WASR.
Ranger--I have no personal experience with the TAPCO folders fitted to a rifle, but everything I've seen and heard tells me they aren't worth it. They just seem really cheesy and cheap. Because of the receiver thickness of the Chinese rifles, your stock options are very limited (no pun intended). You don't seem to like the Romanian/E.German side folders too much, which is fine. I am no expert, but I'm not sure how many other styles of folding stocks exist than that pattern, UF, ACE stocks, and the '74 style left-side folders. Are you worried about leaving it in existing condition, or would you be willing to modify the receiver? Everything but the Romy will require some work on the stock and some on the receiver. If someone else has anything useful to add, please do so. We've already done a ton of "AR parts on AKs" bashing, so let's try to help out someone who's stuck with limited choices.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
I am not offended nor am I a kid so no reason to edit. If someone has moral objections or otherwise feel free to reply or IM me and I will edit my posts.

I have as much right to be on this thread as you, you asked for opinion and you sure got it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:52 PM EDT
Here is a suggestion for you.

Move out of New York.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By h8mtv:

img516.imageshack.us/img516/4882/img33064xh.jpg

That looks like wasr. Not a pre ban
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:22:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 6:25:16 PM EDT by WdpIan]
If you want to add the Evil Things, buy an AR15.

The gun you have would look awesome with a new set of wood(Keep the original though) from www.ironwooddesigns.com

Buy a post ban, throw a Kobra and Black Synthetic Furniture and have fun with that.
Or get a Pre-Ban Folder...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:23:57 PM EDT
damn cant even has a WASR in NY?,....man im sorry your state sucks ass,...you could maybe put some US made black/plum/green synthetic stocks from K-VAR on it,...if you want a folder,...do not,..DO NOT use a tapco,...they suck ass worst than your state.

maybe a ACE folder and some new handguards?
diffrent flash hider/brake?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT

I'm not willing to modify the rifle. I don;t want to destroy what it is, just some temporary and harmless mods that can be undone. If the choice is mod it and destroy its unique character, it will stay as it is. If there is a way to make temp mods that make it more akin to what I would buy as a postban in another state, then I'll consider it. But no, bottom line, no mods to the receiver.

That's more like it.

On another thread I read about a US company making AK-74 style triangular stocks, in fixed and folding versions. They are no longer made but check Gunbroker for them and put up a WTB in the EE. That stock would:

1. Be tastefull and not a POS Tapco add on,

2. Be temporary and easily changed,

3. Be somewhat authintic.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:28:42 PM EDT
I will make a peace offering.Hiram, Sell me your pre ban for 400$. When you move I will give you a wasr you can Pimp. Do we have a deal?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top