BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:48:58 PM EDT
what should I get..

2 yugo fixed stocks?

1 romy side folder and 1 yugo fixed stock?

1 romy side folder and TWO yugo fixed stocks?

I want to build at least one kit up into a beater type rifle for now, the other(s) can stay in kit form until I move.  

Whats a better buy, the dark bore yugos for $90 or romy side folders in good condition for $140?  I love the looks of the yugo rifles, even though the bores are dark... ive heard that they yugos clean up nicer than expected.

what would you suggest?

by the way, im ordering from Centerfiresystems
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I did not know they had the sidefolder kit if they do IMO jump on the romanian kits first most of the yugo's required a special receiver and the bore condition is pretty spotty.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I did not know they had the sidefolder kit if they do IMO jump on the romanian kits first most of the yugo's required a special receiver and the bore condition is pretty spotty.

yugos require a special reciever...howso....?  i havnt heard of this before....please explain...anyone?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Rommies and Polish tantels,

oh an also a krink :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rommies and Polsish tantels,

i got a tantal kit already.....i guess ill go for 2 Romy kits.....fixed stocks?  or folding?  $50 difference, but the stocks are worth more than $50...i see them for $65+ on the EE here...so go folder then?

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The Yugos have a bulged front trunnion, thus requiring a bulged Yugo receiver. Available from Harlan at No Dak Spud.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I would personally get a fixed stock Romy, and then buy the folder stock separately later.  They are going for as little as $55 on gunbroker if you watch closely.  

Yugos use something more like the RPK receiver.  NoDakSpud.com is making receivers for the Yugo rifles, and the parts kits/receivers for Yugo and Romy AKs are not interchangeable.

The Romy Kits area  far better deal...$89-109 (depednig on source, go to FALfiles and buy ROmy kits from Bocefus, I have and have been VERY pleased) and you get an excellent to unused condition waeapon with a chrome bore.  The Yugo kits have anywhere from fair to unuseable bores.

I have two Yugo kits on the way from Centerfire that should be here tomorrow, and will let you know the bore condition.  

FWIW, I bought them because I already have 5 excellent and 5 unissued Romy kits sitting around, and wanted a nice companion Yugo AK to my underfolder Yugo.  The fiexd one is getting a grenade launcher replica on the muzzle from Hotbarrel at AKfiles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rommies and Polsish tantels,

i got a tantal kit already.....i guess ill go for 2 Romy kits.....fixed stocks?  or folding?  $50 difference, but the stocks are worth more than $50...i see them for $65+ on the EE here...so go folder then?

tantel 5.45? Oh btw bocefus has some $75 kits for sale....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a Romy, and it'd go with a fixed stock if I were you.  It's much easier to work with.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
If you go with a Romanian kit, do yourself a favor and get it from Bocefus.  I've gotten 5 kits from him now and the condition was unbelievable.  All but one were unissued 80's dated rifles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
i asked to see a pic of the $75 kits....  i wouldnt mind one, as my first build ...  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top