Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/1/2006 2:53:15 AM EDT
A friend of mines father is looking to sell off some of his AK's.However,he doesn't even know where to start as far as what they are worth.Here is what he has:

Polytech Legend Full Stock No. 001
Polytech Legend Folding Stock No. 001
Polytech National Match No. 001
Polytech AKS-223 No. 001
Polytech RPK No. 001

Somebody take a stab at it.I am completely clueless as to what would be a starting point to sell these rifles for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like all of those rifles are worth over a grand a piece.

shawn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a NIB Poly Legend for $1,200.  I wouldn't pay extra for a serial # 001, but that's just me.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That is quite a collection.  Must have been connected to the Polytech folks in Atlanta.

IMO, I'd guess at least $12,000 to $15,000 for the lot - keep them together.  They are all very desirable weapons and there are many commercial entities / vendors / collectors that would consider that a good investment.  Once you break them up - it will be impossible to reassemble the collection.

Hell, call Todd down at Ohio Rapidfire, or The Firing Line, Arsenal, Ted Marshall, Chris Butler, letc. and see if they are interested.  I bet they will be!  I know I am.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
i got $100 cold hard cash
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#5]
whatever you do, don't try to sell them to elite firearms.  you probably won't get all the money you agree on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That is quite a collection.  Must have been connected to the Polytech folks in Atlanta.

IMO, I'd guess at least $12,000 to $15,000 for the lot - keep them together.  They are all very desirable weapons and there are many commercial entities / vendors / collectors that would consider that a good investment.  Once you break them up - it will be impossible to reassemble the collection.

Hell, call Todd down at Ohio Rapidfire, or The Firing Line, Arsenal, Ted Marshall, Chris Butler, letc. and see if they are interested.  I bet they will be!  I know I am.

He is the Polytech folk in Atlanta.

Thanks for the responses guys.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont know about the rest of these guys, but I demand pics.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
second vote for the photographic representations of these firearms.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait....I think I misunderstand.   He IS the Polytech guy and doesn't know what they are worth.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wait....I think I misunderstand.   He IS the Polytech guy and doesn't know what they are worth.

Yes,he is the guy who imported all of the Polytechs into the US.However,how would he know the worth of these firearms anymore than the next guy.

They are the only ones with serial #1 in the US so what they are worth leaves room for a pretty broad interpratation.I am friends with his son and he and I were talking and had no clue whatsoever.That is why I turned to the expert AK guys here.

I'll see what i can do to get pics for you guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if Reed Knight would want to add these to his collection?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea, let's see some pictures.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I would say its a name your price market for them. Let us know what happens, I might hock the house...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

HOLY FREAKING SHIT!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'd put my left foot on ebay to get a piece of whats in that room...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top