Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:41:15 PM EDT

My brother (DrTom) just picked up a used Vector AMD 65, and neither of us really know much about these.  Here's Atlantic's page on the AMD 65:  
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=6

A search says the consensus on Vector AKs is pretty good, but does anyone have any input on this particular model?

Ths gun also has a spring buffer, which I had not seen on an AK.  Opinions?

Thanks...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Anyone?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of imput are you looking for? I have an AMD65 but i built it myself, its one of my favorites. I cant comment on Vectors AK's because i dont own one, but from what i've heard there pretty good and vector stands behind their product and will correct problems if they occur. The buffer is probably in there because the carrier sometimes pops out when retracted. That was happening with my AMD and the buffer solved that problem. McM
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What kind of imput are you looking for?

Quality of the build of these models, quality of the kits used for the build, etc.  This one looks okay to me, but I not an AK guy.

Thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Who knows about the quality of the kits that were used to build them up, as long as the numbers match and it has a good bore your good to go. Most of the kits that came into the country were real nice, I bought an unused kit for 70 bucks a couple years ago thats the one you see above. The kits that were used with no finish wear still had good bores, Once refinished you cant tell the difference. Vector puts out a good product line of firearms and from what i have seen they are all top notch. As long as the rivets are nice and flush and the finish looks good, dont worry about the rest, just shoot it. McM
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Good deal, McM.  

Thanks.  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top