Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:15:46 PM EDT
Okay, every time I read an AK vs. AR thread, someone always chimes in about AK's having loose tolerances, and thus its ability to fire under adverse conditions. This always bothers me. I think people really mean that AK's have loose clearances, or clearance fits. When speaking of dimensions, tolerances and clearances have very specific definitions:

Tolerance - A tolerance is the total amount by which a specific dimension may vary; thus, the tolerance is the difference between the maximum and minimum limits.

Clearance Fit - A clearance fit is one having limits of size defined such that a clearance always results when mating parts are assembled.

I know this is being nit-picky, but it is like a cheese grater across my ass every time I read it. It may (or may not) be true that AR parts have tighter tolerances, but when talking about functionality while dirty, we are talking about something that is designed-in. Otherwise, some would function well while dirty, and others would jam up.

End of nit-picky rant.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
LOL, I have the same problem with Accuracy and Precision ...

Accuracy - Hitting the 10 ring ...
Precision - Putting all the shots in the same hole ...

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:45:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:32:20 PM EDT
being this nit-picky is how the other side of the house became such snobish assholes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:01:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:
being this nit-picky is how the other side of the house became such snobish assholes.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:09:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:
Which is why my AK needs a break to control recoil when ripping thru another clip of ammo.

Go to the AR airsoft forum and say that
Top Top