BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:14:02 AM EDT
Trying to remove the barrel and thought I should know.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Pressed. Did you see the barrel pin? As Bert says "I feel I was denied critical, need-to-know information"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
In general (I'm sure there is the rare exception), AK's with stamped receivers have pinned barrels, milled receivers have screwed in barrels.

Sounds like you have an SKS.

BTW, HK barrels are pinned.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. I went and looked at my Yugo M92 krink. No, It don't look like it's an SKS, I bet his isn't either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I brought up the SKS thing because when I used to sell AK's and SKS's at gunshows, there was always a few guys that would stand in front of my tables and bust my balls as to whether the $99 SKS had a screwed in or pinned in barrel (implying one or the other was better).

By the intonation of the original post to this thread, it seemed to me that the originator was applying SKS terminology to the AK world.  In general, SKS people are surprised and somethat skeptical that quality weapons could possibly have pinned in barrels.

I thought I would clear up the apparent (to me) misconception.  I apologise if the misconception was mine.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top