Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:11:17 PM EDT
Tapco (that's Crapco to most of you guys ) is always getting bashed over here on the AK side, is this because they're stuff is of low quality, or is it just because they piss all over the AK traditionalists with most of their stuff. Please enlighten me, for I am but a lowly AR owner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Their furniture is crap, they have those folding stocks and there absolute junk. For the most part us AK guys like the rifle plain and simple with no bells and whistles like the AR guys seem to love, tapco has come out with some extra special doodads for the AK like the AR stock adapter, its not a purist thing more so then it brings the plain and simple rigid rifle that the AK is down to the level of the AR and we cringe when we see that. McM

Edit to add that i have Tapco marked G2 trigger groups in all my AK's and love them but i would never buy them from Tapco as they suck it to you on the price and on the shipping. I buy them for five bucks less from the little guy suppliers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah that's about right.  They could probably make a much better folder, but it would have to be out of stronger material, and in turn would cost a lot more.  It's a cheap way to have an underfolder and that's why a lot of people go for it.

And yes, the concept of ARizing an AK is frowned upon by most AK owners (real enthusiasts).  If you want identical stuff, that was designed around the AR then build an AR like I did.  

-mark
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
charging top dollar for crap parts.

if they would have incorporated a metal hinge in the folding stock, it would have had a chance as an aftermarket item worth considering.  however, using a plastic hinge on a rifle which is supposed to be able to withstand abuse is contradictory.

lifetime warranty don't mean shit if i have to keep sending something back or if it breaks after 5 rounds.

caspian
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I personal don't have a problem with Tapco.

Over the years I have purchased magazines, G2 trigger kits,
tools, spare parts, and even the disliked T6 adjustable stock.

Personally I like their stuff and will continue to buy from them.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I've found their SAW style AK pistol grip to be the most comfortable AK grip around. Back in the day, Tapco was the place to get FAL and AK parts.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top