Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:21:49 AM EDT
My Romanian SAR has the wood furniture.  When I shoulder it I have to "turtle" my head down quite a bit  for the iron sights.  If I bring the gun to my eyes instead, the bottom of the buttstock is off my shoulder.  I don't experience this with my ARs.  Anyone else get this?  Seems like the back end of the stock should be a little longer. from top to bottom.

R

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Try either a longer buttstock, Bulgarian triangle stock with buttpad, or instead of turtling your head, lean it forward and look up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the triangle stock?

www.atlanticfirearms.com/rifles/ak47/AKKRINKOV.jpg

Where could one procure that?

Thanks for the help.

R

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have found that the Romanian stocks are poorly designed for proper sight alignment ...

I switched to Russian and Polish wood and have no problems now ...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is this the triangle stock?

www.atlanticfirearms.com/rifles/ak47/AKKRINKOV.jpg

Where could one procure that?

Thanks for the help.

R

That's it. There's an American repro. non-folder that mounts to the standard trunnion, and it'll take a rubber pad:

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16306&cat=282&page=1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm seems everything is out of stock there.

Guess I'll have to do some searching.

R
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's it. There's an American repro. non-folder that mounts to the standard trunnion, and it'll take a rubber pad:

I have one of those on the way (hopefully), I'm really not a fan either of any of the fixed stocks for AKs, kind of uncomfortable on the cheek.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hmmm seems everything is out of stock there.

Guess I'll have to do some searching.

R

K-Var has had like ZERO stock for a long time. Are they even still in business?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok What about this?  "1.25 Longer"

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16191&cat=0&page=4

Would this fit a Romanian SAR?  I didn't want to go synthetic but if it meant a better feel when shooting I would do it.

R
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes that will fit a SAR.  I have that set on my SAR-2 and the extra length is nice.  I've got an OD set for my SAR-1 but have not installed it yet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of those on the way (hopefully), I'm really not a fan either of any of the fixed stocks for AKs, kind of uncomfortable on the cheek.

Where did you find one ???
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok in the search to make my SAR more naturally pointable for myself I came across this buttstock:

www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=413

I know this may PO some who view this as sacrilage to an AK...I'll apologize.  I just want the gun to feel right.  The stock comes in 3 different lengths.  Anyone have this set-up on their AK?

R
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok in the search to make my SAR more naturally pointable for myself I came across this buttstock:

www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=413

I know this may PO some who view this as sacrilage to an AK...I'll apologize.  I just want the gun to feel right.  The stock comes in 3 different lengths.  Anyone have this set-up on their AK?

R

No, that is acceptable.  Just don't put a frigging AR stock on it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#15]
If you are looking for a US made triangle nonfolder, do a search on GunBroker.com  for "krinkov". That is where I got mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow  I've never checked that Gunbroker.com out.  Man it rules!

Thanks for the assist.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top