BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:53 PM EDT
Poll.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
AK buffers are a fix to a non-existant problem. AKs have been used for decades around the world without them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The Blackjack is easier to install.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
no buffer at all
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]
some of them increase recoil felt to your face, but at the same time may stop wear from the carrier....

that's debated though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't need no stinkin' buffer.

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I voted buffer tech, I only have used one though so i cant really comment on the others. I installed one on an AMD65 i built, the carrier kept pushing up and out when it was retracted, the buffer fixed that problem. Honestly though, my buddy has an amd65 and when i shoot the two side by side i can tell a mild recoil loss with mine, so they do work. Is it needed? No, does it enhance? No. But it does cut the recoil a little which is always a plus. McM
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless fixing the specific problem on a build where the bolt carrier locks back because it's popping up (opening in rails too long) I would not use a buffer. That's my 2¢

YMMV..........they sure sell a hell a lot of 'em!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]
the AK already comes with a buffer, it's called a recoil spring
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a buffer in all of my "shooter" AKs. Not absolutely necessary but it definately does cut quite a bit of the action noise and maybe some wear and tear - a good thing. I've never seen a buffer induced FTF and I've shot over 75k total through maybe 20 different AKs wearing buffers. I'll continue using them unless/until I see some drawback. It's pretty cheap to try one and form your own opinion.

My preference is BlackJack greens.

s & p
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I use a buffer in all of my "shooter" AKs. Not absolutely necessary but it definately does cut quite a bit of the action noise and maybe some wear and tear - a good thing.

There's no proof that a buffer can reduce wear and tear, there's a AK video on the internet somewhere that shows a full auto AK being fired without it's top cover in slow motion.  You can clearly see that the bolt carrier never actually touches the rear trunnion during cycling.

Plus, I'm not sure if the action noise really matters when a 7.62x39 is going off
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I use a buffer in all of my "shooter" AKs. Not absolutely necessary but it definately does cut quite a bit of the action noise and maybe some wear and tear - a good thing.

There's no proof that a buffer can reduce wear and tear, there's a AK video on the internet somewhere that shows a full auto AK being fired without it's top cover in slow motion.  You can clearly see that the bolt carrier never actually touches the rear trunnion during cycling.

Plus, I'm not sure if the action noise really matters when a 7.62x39 is going off

Very true.....I remember the video was subtitled in German?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually it hit something like 4 out of 10 times ...
Still, AK's weren't designed to use a buffer so it's kinda individual choice ...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
The buffer sends the bolt home too fast.  Could accelerate wear of locking lugs????   YMMV.

No steenkin buffers for me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top