AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
H8, build your rifle to your specs. Bottom line is your gonna be carrying it when the shit hits the fan. Hell, Most people on here think VEPRs are ugly, But it will outshoot any other AK out there.

Said the man who obviously never shot an Arsenal in 5.56x45 ...

I will put my .308 vepr against it any day

It's all in fun but if we were to ever get to the same range it would be fun to find out for sure ...

Correct. Your one of the few people on here that doesnt live and die by whats said on this board.  Some people just take this stuff tooo seriously. And you actually have a sense of humor. Some people get all pissy and wanna fight. Especially when they post comments about bayonettes being upside down and get roasted about it
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Especially when they post comments about bayonettes being upside down and get roasted about it

Leave poor CJ out of this, he's not here to defend himself (It's past his bed-time).
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tricked out Ak = BLASPHEMY.....HERESY!!! We should burn you at the stake and confiscate your AKs so they can be returned to their original factory configuration.... Well perhaps we won't burn you at the stake but all your AKs should be sent to me

This is as tricked out as my AKs get:

Perfect AKM, just the way it is right there. Adding the Kobra to my SLR-105A1R is the only thing I added, except for the Russian sling and Warsaw length stock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All you AK grandpas need your depends changed.  VFG's and red dots are the shit. I have them on everyone of my rifles.

No thank you, sonny....this grandpa thinks those things are for AR15s and such

+1

I prefer the term "traditionalist".

If you're going to put stuff on your "old school" AK, then at least use the correct stuff...Com-Bloc Weapon = Com-Bloc accessories...

If you want to go ape-shit with AR stuff on your AK-type weapon, then use a VEPR as your platform. They don't really look all that much like an AK to start with, anyway.

I'm doing a couple of Romanian "G" kit builds when I get home from "the sandbox"(98 days and counting when I posted this)...the farthest I plan on going with those is MAYBE putting a Kobra sight on one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I have a tricked-out "M-4gery Carbine-type thingy", but some things are just best kept in their original form...when it comes to AK's, I like mine "Classic".
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The one thing I've alway's liked about the Kalashnikov is that anyone can do whatever the hell they want with the damn thing. Sure, I look at some of 'em and think "Why the hell would someone do that" but then personalization is what makes it fun. I like to play around to see what works and what doesn't but I doubt I'd go through the trouble of building a Type III clone and then throw a crapco folder on it, ya gotta draw the line somewhere ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.  Not tricked-out, but a couple of AKs nonetheless.  I agree with my brethren above.  I'm also a traditionalist.

Regards,

Bud

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I am going to put an AR flash hider on it. My rifles are for shooting and I set them up the way I want.  How ever I might just set my Vepr up that way since they are the only AKs worth while that could hit anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is my Arsenal Sam7:

I have 3 other AK's all traditional.
Chevrofreak where are you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I like traditional Ak's also. My other is a SAR1 with laminate ironwood stock set and bakelite grip. As long as the thing doesn't look like it was sponsored by Tapco they are all good by me.

Once the addition is done on my house the first priority of mine is to get an Arsenal. I need a milled Ak. They are just gorgeous.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#12]
This was my AK till I traded it for an AR15 lower & a few AR accessories

I wanted a plain jane AK underfolder anyway....with an ulimak rail, EoTech, RSA trigger, and ...lol....you can take the AK outta the AR guy, but you can't take the ARguy outta the AK!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Come on guys, last I heard this was America...the land of the free....If you want an AK that loks like an AR15, then by all means go ahead...me, I like my AKs the old fashioned way...traditional looks and iron sights all the way baby!!!! You want a VFG? Here you go:

PS: This will soon be converted to traditional Romanian military version:
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
This make you boys feel any better?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Where do you all get those cool little Chinese posters and how do you add the profound witty sayings?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#18]
apparently CoC doesn't apply when one is bashing somebody's choice of accesories and furniture.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't even know what this is

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Come on guys, last I heard this was America...the land of the free....If you want an AK that loks like an AR15, then by all means go ahead...me, I like my AKs the old fashioned way...traditional looks and iron sights all the way baby!!!! You want a VFG? Here you go:

PS: This will soon be converted to traditional Romanian military version:
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/xcibes/MkII/DSCN0788.jpg

I agree with you, whatever you wanto do with your AK is your business! (I like the classic style)
And DAMN, that wood looks sweet!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS PUT AR ACESSORIES ON THEIR AK'S!!!

'Nuff said...

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't even know what this is
img93.imageshack.us/img93/4125/06124it.jpg

looks like an early IR night vision setup, much like our M3 carbine
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#23]
It sure is a shame to add top of the line components to make the Ak a more user friendly and modern firearm more like what todays soldiers use. Crawl out of your caves and stand erect.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It sure is a shame to add top of the line components to make the Ak a more user friendly and modern firearm more like what todays soldiers use. Crawl out of your caves and stand erect.

NEVER!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a WASR-3 with no HF.  I also have a phantom FH. I'm thinking about drilling it out to 14 mm and soldering it on the barrel.  But since this seems to violate AK religious beliefs I thought I'd post a photoshop (actually I had to use paintbrush for this pic) here to judge the response.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#28]

SLR-95
Slant break from Arsenal USA.
Peep sight, finger catch safety and refinish from Krebs.
Index finger mag release from Red Star Arms.
Side rail mount from Robinson Arms.
Red dot sight from Aimpoint.
Grip from Ultimak. (really the best grip on an AK I have ever used)
Furniture from K-Var.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/Belloc/large.jpg

drug through a gun show with a crap magnet
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/Belloc/large.jpg

drug through a gun show with a crap magnet

Well. I love AK-100 anything. So...... AK-104 with higher end items, versus the usual Tapco, ...... I'd take it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#34]
This is about as "tricked out" as mine get.  I've actually removed the flash hider and gone back to the standard AK74 brake.

My "tricked out" SAR-1.  Notice the ergo pistol grip.  I'm livin' on the edge now !!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got some...

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#36]
OMG

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've got some...
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//3241/7396Guns_Middle.jpg
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//3241/73963_krebs_flash-med.JPG
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//3241/7396collectionflash-med.JPG
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//3241/7396KTRsDown-med.JPG

Are those UltiMAK fore-end rails? If they are, I'm curious why you would buy those and not the gas-tube optic mount.

Those are the rails that come on the KTR-03S from Krebs Custom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#39]
My new “Truck Gun”:

(Started with a 7.62x39mm East German AK w/East German side-folder.)

Mods in order from muzzle to stock:

* UltiMAK “AK Scout Mount”
* Aimpoint CompML3 (4 moa dot)
* Aimpoint “Standard QR “low” 30mm X-wide Picatinny Ring” (lets the Aimpoint co-witness)
* KA aluminum “AK47 Tri-Rail Lower Handguard”
* Surefire G2 w/Shock Isolated Bezel (can’t see it as it’s mounted to the left side of the KA)
* BJB S.W.I.F.T “AK-47 Safety Lever – Notched”
* TAPCO “FAL Style Pistol Grip”
* Spector Gear single-point “MOUNT Sling”
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Michigun, does your aimpoint get hot when you rapid fire that thing, i've heard it said that the heat radiates right through the ultimak rail and into your optic. That doesn't seem like it would be good for the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hey Michigun, does your aimpoint get hot when you rapid fire that thing, i've heard it said that the heat radiates right through the ultimak rail and into your optic. That doesn't seem like it would be good for the Aimpoint.

If I told you it wouldn't hurt your optic, would you listen?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe, is that what your telling me. (don't you hate it when people answer a question with another question )

ETA: Yes I would believe you, if you have some sort of experience to reference.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Maybe, is that what your telling me. (don't you hate it when people answer a question with another question )

ETA: Yes I would believe you, if you have some sort of experience to reference.

as a person that has been testing UltiMAK products since they pretty much existed, I've done things to optics mounted on UltiMAK mounts that you wouldn't dream of doing. This includes shooting until snowflakes flashed into steam off EOTechs and Aimpoints. This includes firing until the gun was very hot and throwing the whole thing into a pond. Several times.

The optics all lived and are still in use on UltiMAK test mules today.

I really need to write this up so I can just link to it. Since I didn't own the optics, I was willing to do stuff nobody else was.

Funny story: Lyle told (eotech or aimpoint) he wanted a long-term mule optic and they weren't too hot on the idea. He told them he wanted to see if it could stand up to the snow flashing to steam off it like the (aimpoint or eotech) he was testing. They shipped one right out! And the answer is yes, they both hold up just fine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
My new “Truck Gun”:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EG2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EG1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EGf2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EGf1.jpg

* Aimpoint “Standard QR “low” 30mm X-wide Picatinny Ring” (lets the Aimpoint co-witness)
* Surefire G2 w/Shock Isolated Bezel (can’t see it as it’s mounted to the left side of the KA)

Well, shit....

That set-up actually looks pretty good...I guess I could live with QUALITY accessories on ONE of my AK's, like what's on this AK...

Still not too fond of anything Tapco(except G2 FCG's & U.S.-made Gas Piston)...I'd try to find a different grip...but if it works...who knows.

What about a FAL grip?

Where's the cleaning rod?

What kind of accuracy are you getting with it?

ETA: You need some rail covers on that Bad-Boy so you don't burn your hands!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
use a VEPR as your platform. They don't really look all that much like an AK to start with, anyway.

Some of us like it that way.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
One of the first production ACR2 being tested for stability by hanging a bunch of shit on it and seeing if it hold position:

AMD-65 UltiMAK:

Dinner picture with my personal rifle:

Earlier version of my rifle with UltiMAK, ACR2, aimpoint:

Prototype ACR2 with a bunch of shit attached:

UltiMAK 5.45x39 mule:

As always, click for full-size pictures.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
fore-grip? check
folding stock? check
cheap, but oddly comfortable and preferable crappy pistol grip? check
cheap non-ak sling that i love? check

i really dont know why i love the sling as much as i do. i just hook both of the attachments onto the sling mount by the folder and its a great shoulder travel gun.

click for fullsize.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My new “Truck Gun”:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EG2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EG1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EGf2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/EG/EGf1.jpg

Well, shit....

That set-up actually looks pretty good...I guess I could live with QUALITY accessories on ONE of my AK's, like what's on this AK...

Still not too fond of anything Tapco(except G2 FCG's & U.S.-made Gas Piston)...I'd try to find a different grip...but if it works...who knows.

What about a FAL grip?

Where's the cleaning rod?

What kind of accuracy are you getting with it?

ETA: You need some rail covers on that Bad-Boy so you don't burn your hands!

Thanks sgtstinger!

As far as the TAPCO “FAL Style Pistol Grip” goes... I wanted to give it a try seeing how it has a storage compartment (the only AK grip that I know of with this option)... wanted to be able to store a fresh set of batteries for the Surefire.

I just forgot to put the cleaning rod back in before I took the pictures... it’s around somewhere here.

Haven’t really tested the accuracy out yet, but there’s only so I’ll be able to do with non-magnified red-dot.

I have ladder-style rail guards on the lower fore-grip currently & plan to keep it this way for 2 reasons... #1 is that the KA aluminum “AK47 Tri-Rail Lower Handguard” doesn’t actually get that hot at all (unlike the UltiMAK, which can’t be touched after two (2) 30-round mag dumps)... #2 is that I always use the mag as a vertical fore-grip so I never actually touch that part.

PanzerMK7, my Aimpoint has done perfectly mounted to the UltiMAK.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top