Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 1:18:46 PM EDT
I have a Bulgy built on an Ohio Ordinance receiver. It seems to have allot of wobble with every mag I have. When I compare this to my SAR1 and my Chicom it is real bad. Both of the 47's have maybe 1/8th inch movement while the 74 moves around 1/4" each way.
Is it common on the Ohio Ordinance receivers to have allot of wobble? this is a 3000 range serial number also.
Let me hear if all of the others wobble this bad so I don't feel so bad!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 1:25:09 PM EDT by 1Gunner]
For my OOW AK-74, there is no wabble at all on russian plums, all bulgarian, and also EG bakelite

It's all about how it was built, the trigger guard as to be riveted first, then the front trunnion placed in the exact position to get good mag fit before it is riveted, if it wasn't checked one twice three times before riveting it can be loose..well maybe that doesn't play too large of a part in side to side wabble but on my 74 OOW mag well, the tolerate is very tight for the mags

are you sure it's a 5.45 receiver?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:32:49 PM EDT
Yes it is marked 5.45. It is a Rapid Fire build. They probably built it too "Rapidly" and hence the loose mags. It also has the leeching rust around the scope rail and trunions. Not too impresed with it, and wish I could just get a SLR-105
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:43:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By so2315:
Yes it is marked 5.45. It is a Rapid Fire build. They probably built it too "Rapidly" and hence the loose mags. It also has the leeching rust around the scope rail and trunions. Not too impresed with it, and wish I could just get a SLR-105

Now my SLR105A1 is a different story....major mag wabble
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:47:39 PM EDT
Send the weapon back to Todd. He's always taken real good care of me and any problems that I have had with any of his builds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:48:48 PM EDT
I should clarify the wobble is side to side, not front to back. Front to back is rock solid! I don't think it is from the build, but the actual receiver cut out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:01:59 PM EDT

I had bought a krink from them that was the same way. $995.00
I put a loaded mag in and cycled it, and it jammed 3 out of 4 times. It was so loose that I questioned how they could even test fire it. Todd said that he fired the guy that made it, but it sounds like he hired another guy with the same skill level!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:26:29 PM EDT
On thing to remember on mag fit. 99% of the time its going to be a receiver issue. Only time I can see the builder having a hand in that is if the receiver manufacture did not open up the mag well enough and the builder opened it up a bit to much. With that being said, I have seen Arsenal milled and stamped rifles with lots of wobble, Norinco and Polytech rifles with wobble, Preban Yugos with wobble, just about any manufacture. Its very common but the amount of wobble varries from very minor to holy hell...lol...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:50:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jnewt:
On thing to remember on mag fit. 99% of the time its going to be a receiver issue. Only time I can see the builder having a hand in that is if the receiver manufacture did not open up the mag well enough and the builder opened it up a bit to much. With that being said, I have seen Arsenal milled and stamped rifles with lots of wobble, Norinco and Polytech rifles with wobble, Preban Yugos with wobble, just about any manufacture. Its very common but the amount of wobble varries from very minor to holy hell...lol...

That was what I was referring to I guess. Is there that much variation on OOW receivers? One would tend to think that the opening would be the same dimension for all of their receivers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jnewt:

That was what I was referring to I guess. Is there that much variation on OOW receivers? One would tend to think that the opening would be the same dimension for all of their receivers.

You would think but OOW and even the Armory receivers vary from receiver to receiver. Most are on the spot but then there are the ones that are to tight and ones that are to loose...lol...
Top Top