Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2006 1:45:14 PM EDT
Ok, be patient with me.  I have a Polish underfolder kit on the way.  I want to try to do this as my first home-build.  Are there receivers already made with the holes for the stock, trunnion, etc., or do I have to buy a normal receiver and do that stuff myself?  Thanks for the help.

If there are ready receivers for the underfolders, who makes/sells them.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy receivers made for the underfolders, but the trunnion is a good template.  You just need to make the same holes in your receiver that are in the trunnion.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure Global sells a rec. pre-drilled for the polish UF, you just need to call and special order, and be prepared to wait.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Global doesn't reccomend ordering predrilled trunnion holes due to variances in hole placement among the various AK-producing countries..but they will do it on request.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So would I use the trunnion and the stock as a template?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not hard. As long as you dont drill through the trunnion you can drill out a smaller hole and dremel out the rest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Ewbanks make a pre drilled UF receiver, some guys on the build forum have posted good results using them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top