Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2006 12:08:54 PM EDT
In a SHTF/EOTWAWKI I think the best plan for ammo storage would be to have tons of AK magazines loaded up and sitting in a bag that you could throw over your back along with a couple AKs. Do any of you have any ideas about other good SHTF/EOTWAWKI preperation ideas?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
or just a LULA and some spam cans
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If the shit hits the fan get out of the way or you're gonna have shit all over you
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If the shit hits the fan get out of the way or you're gonna have shit all over you

I like that one!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that one!

What the scenario or the quote?

Sorry man.

I would suggest the Daisy Red Ryder, high cap and reliable as can be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
when the shit hits the fan get the hell out. hopefully your all bright enough to know when to say when. there is not much we can do sitting at home in a target. what kind of shit? government shit? nothing we can do i dont think your ak will stand a chance against a tank round or a fire bomb. the man with the biggest guns is the champ unless you have big brains and know where to go and hold up till its overyour done for.  yes minor shit like  lights out for weeks  no gas and water  punks, looters  yes we face a chance but when government steps in  not a chance in hell. if we were at war? it will never happen still no chance if you want to survive you better know a good hideing place
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, here's a serious answer.

If it's a situation of, "gotta grab and go," it is obviously better to have a chest rig full of loaded mags ready to go at a moment's notice.  If you have smaller pouches, throw in a few packages/boxes of spare ammo.

Otherwise, if it's a disaster where you can stay home and hunker down, there's nothing wrong with having thousands of rounds in storage.  Just don't count on having to pack it anywhere.

For me, I've got a chest rig that will hold about 10 mags + a little spare ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of the E.German mag pouches, with a sling, and would carry it like a messenger bag, have a few more loaded mags in my survival backpack.  That's about it.  Also have these items on hand/ready in your survival back pack (find a large capacity water-proof pack).

1.  Military First Aid kit (bought some from my local surplus store)
2.  Drinking water tablets (lets you disinfect possibly contaminated water) (can get them at academy)
3.  Camo (doesn't have to be camo) rain poncho
3.  Waterproof Boots (A MUST) unless you live in the desert
4.  A good flashlight (and a tac light on your weapon is a must)
5.  Backup batteries for both a flashlight, and a small radio (I happen to have a small light that has a radio built into it)
6.  Map of your city/area of the country
7.  Bottles of water.... (that's a no-brainer)
8.  and quick meals (I have some power bars)
9.  and possibly insect repellant if you live in an area like I do (muggy south)

I'm probably missing a few things

some would call it overkill, I would call it comfort if it ever got to that situation.

chance favors the prepared mind.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
You need to understand that if SHTF you will not always be able to get out of the city you are in (I'm speaking for the majority of people, since more people live in cities than in the country).
My plan is to stick to the city/suburbs since you will find anything you might need. Plus, what makes you think there won't be thousands of other cars out there trying to get out of the city's!
Move at night, sleep by day. Have enough ammo to shoot back and run.
SHTF is a complicated issue that might never happen anytime soon... But sometime it will happen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In a SHTF/EOTWAWKI I think the best plan for ammo storage would be to have tons of AK magazines loaded up and sitting in a bag that you could throw over your back along with a couple AKs. Do any of you have any ideas about other good SHTF/EOTWAWKI preperation ideas?

AK x 2 = Good Idea
Lots of loaded mags = Good Idea
Survival forum = That way - - > >
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that one!

What the scenario or the quote?

Sorry man.

I would suggest the Daisy Red Ryder, high cap and reliable as can be.

You'll shoot your eye out man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Having at one time previously lived in the DEPTHS of the pit known as Chicago..........I now live in rural Montana. This thread is exactly one of the reasons why. If the SHTF I will either watch it on FOXNews or listen about it all on my shortwave radio..............if the EMP hasn't knocked them out that is!

Always remember gas masks, water, food, radio light, cashola, guns, ammo and dry clothing (warmth).

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Other than getting out of the way and beating whoevers ass who just took a shit in front of a fan, hopefully it wasnt diarrea. I think the best advice in a "shtf" situation would be plain old civilian clothes and a concealable pistol and a pocketfull of cash money Ten and twenty dollar bills, money will buy you out of most mishaps in that type of situation. I could just see every "prepared guy out there lugging around his AK and thousand rounds of ammo. What i want to know is where are you going? Whats your plan? My plan is to stay local and set up shop. I have property (88 acres) up north but thats 200 miles away in the boonies, whats the point of going up there? I would stay here where i know everyone, know the streets and all the little getaways. My house is here, my family is here all my friends are here. If i go anywhere their all comming with me, well at least my immediate family. The number one priority is for me to keep them safe and thats it. All this SHTF talk is a bunch of Red Dawn wannabee bullshit. Same shit happened during the Y2K thing, I laugh at all these idiots who filled their basements up with 55gal drums full of water and MRE's, now their all stuck with a lifetime supply of nasty ass MRE meals that taste like shit and stale water. A couple of years ago the entire city of Detroit and south eastern michigan lost power for 24 hours and a lot of guys were acting like the shit hit the fan. Me i invited a whole bunch of people to my house and we roasted and stuffed a whole lamb in my back yard and partied all night while everyone else was stuck in their houses sleeping with their AK's. SHTF its Nonsense, its not gonna happen. Yes i remember new orleans but that was over in a few days and me personally i would have loaded up my family and all my guns and left the god damn city. But that was a natural disaster. This thinking that foreign paratroopers are gonna come and how many rounds you need for ur ak is just a fairy tale. Thats all i got to say about that. Rant off. Smile everyone. as our brothers say downunder....No worries. =)~
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AK x 2 = Good Idea

Let me see here...have one AK in .223 and building a standard AK47, check.

mags for both rifles, check.

survival preparations, check.

I'm doing pretty good here!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
cash, as motorcityman said would be vital.

have enough on hand to buy goods.

stay in groups with those you know.

form perimeters like I heard they did in some N.Orleans neighborhoods.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
the nickname for my room is "the bunker"...  i got my rifles and ammo in there...im set haha
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
cash, as motorcityman said would be vital.

have enough on hand to buy goods.

stay in groups with those you know.

form perimeters like I heard they did in some N.Orleans neighborhoods.  

Cash should be kept on hand.  However, realize that cash's intrinsic value is limited.  In a very short term emergency (power outage, minor disaster, etc.) cash holds its value just fine because people understand that banks and businesses will be open again in less than a week.  In cases of civil war, economic collapse, societal panic, etc, cash can lose its value very fast.

Forming a neighborhood perimeter is a wonderful idea.  It's all the more reason to live in a neighborhood where you trust your neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#17]
You americans ought to know that you will always be fortunate enough to sit and talk at lesiure about it and never have to live(or for the most die) through it.Remember no one can come here to have a sustained attacking force; and also there are no major ethnic or religous cracks in this great country so don't think about it.ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM THIS IS AMERICA
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You americans ought to know that you will always be fortunate enough to sit and talk at lesiure about it and never have to live(or for the most die) through it.Remember no one can come here to have a sustained attacking force; and also there are no major ethnic or religous cracks in this great country so don't think about it.ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM THIS IS AMERICA

blah blah blah

Americans will be their own worst enemies.

We let all kinds of foreign turds be put to the front of the line when we should be concerned with our own lack of morals, and delinquent children....fix our shit.

This country that I spent my entire adult life(and i'm not done yet) protecting by serving it's military will burn.....and we will have handed out the lighters with blindfolds on to people who are "worthy, and are as important as us"......

We will fold from the inside. After all. Every country that "improved" itself..."improved" itself into communism, fascism, or some other crap.

Buy Guns. Be kind when able, Firm when not allowed to be kind. Take care of your family, and friends.....

God Bless

All I can do that I have power over.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AK x 2 = Good Idea

On this website for months and I just found out we have a survival forum. I'm sorry to post in the wrong spot. I didn't know there was anything other than an AK-47 forum.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AK x 2 = Good Idea

On this website for months and I just found out we have a survival forum. I'm sorry to post in the wrong spot. I didn't know there was anything other than an AK-47 forum.

don't feel bad. these wierdo's always talk about shitty fans, and zombies....

imaginations are wasted on children it seems!

LOL

And go Vikings! well.....maybe next year...lol

i'm from St. Paul, MN.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]
You  know why Americans, in general, have little to fear about SHTF?  We built the damned country the way it is.

Despite some disagreements about certain issues, guncontrol, right to life or choice or left or right, Americans built a pretty damned good system.

We are the richest country in the world.

We have one of the highest standards of living, I actually think one or two counties beat us out on this point.

We are the most powerful.

Being prepared is smart, however.  You start preparing for the most likely event first, not the least likely.

Stockpiling for the Chinese invasion is stupid until you have covered, basic power outages, storm related damage to community (like NO GAS for three weeks), food run on the stores in a disaster area (entire SE US post Katrina), and things like that.

Guns and ammo are tools, but they will not feed or water you.  For all those people think "they can get anything they need with a gun"....what makes you think all the prepared types with food water and gas are not as well armed or better armed than you?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You  know why Americans, in general, have little to fear about SHTF?  We built the damned country the way it is.

Despite some disagreements about certain issues, guncontrol, right to life or choice or left or right, Americans built a pretty damned good system.

We are the richest country in the world.

We have one of the highest standards of living, I actually think one or two counties beat us out on this point.

We are the most powerful.

Being prepared is smart, however.  You start preparing for the most likely event first, not the least likely.

Stockpiling for the Chinese invasion is stupid until you have covered, basic power outages, storm related damage to community (like NO GAS for three weeks), food run on the stores in a disaster area (entire SE US post Katrina), and things like that.

Guns and ammo are tools, but they will not feed or water you.  For all those people think "they can get anything they need with a gun"....what makes you think all the prepared types with food water and gas are not as well armed or better armed than you?

That's for damn sure!

I disagree that we won't face an economic collapse.
Our money is not based in any sort of valuable metal.
Just paper.

I suggest everyone visit the survival forum from time to time.
All are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

WTF??? (Im hoping this was an attempt at satire)

Are you living in the same country I live in.  The very country that was founded by some pissed off guys tired of getting shit on by some uppity British mofos.  The country that was formed after a revolution.  Hey, in the whole realm of things 1776 wasnt that long ago.....

We had a civil war only about 150 years ago that cost more American lives then all the other wars so far........and then alot of us have balls enough to point at third world countries doing the same right now and look down on them....ehh!?

We had a stock market crash and depression that cause families to starve to death and people to kill themselves about 75 years ago.  Took many years to see any kind of recovery from that.

This country is by far one of the youngest countries in the world........look at the history and tell me its not going to happen again.  There have been smaller hiccups as well but these are the most glaring ones.  In fact, if you look at the time frame it seems were about due......
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not leaving,I have very good relations with my Neighbors and plan to arm the Neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm not leaving,I have very good relations with my Neighbors and plan to arm the Neighborhood.

I'm sure you can.    ..'General' John    .....   I'd be afraid my neighbors might get a scratch on my ak's... I'll have to give all of them the AR's ... I could hear it now...damn dude - that was russian wood you just dented.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I forgot .... oh yea, get the hell out of the safe ... those are my bakelite russian mags....go grab the dented metal ones...  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Let's be logical as many have pointed out the short history of this country and people;there have been some stumbles but recovery was very quick.AMERICA HAS PROVED THROUGH HER ACTIONS WHAT SHE WANTS AND SHE SEEMS TO GET IT .(At least here in america).Idon't want to hijack this thread but get real people.Any body knows only time will tell and of course if something like that should or could happen i doubt i will see it in my life.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh yeah; be careful of what you wish for you might get it!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
When I was into this whole "SHTF" stuff, I figured I'd need at least one deuce and a half to cart all my basic essentials.....instead, I just moved out in the middle of the country :)

Fine if you toss a bag over your shoulder with a hundred punds of ammo, then add two rifles....but you have to eat, you have to have clothing, etc.  Tons of ammo is over-rated.  Do you really think you'd live long enough to fire off several thousand rounds in "self-defense" without getting killed yourself?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I don't know what a "EOTWAWKI" is...but I would say just stock up on basics. No need to over think it. Just keep a big bag in your garage and when you find something you would like to add to it, like a small axe or box of MREs, then throw it in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#31]
BAD - Stay at home near friends defend

VERY BAD - Go to Wife's parent's home in NC mountains with or without selected friends.

Very Very BAD - ?

BTW I have a great "discrete" rifle case that holds 1-AR-15 (4- 30 round magazines), 1 Rem 870 (25 rounds 00 and 20 rounds birdshot), and 1 Glock 17 (4-17 Round Magazines).  I figure that should get me out of most situations without going to the gun closet for more guns, ammo, or magazines.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
When I was into this whole "SHTF" stuff, I figured I'd need at least one deuce and a half to cart all my basic essentials.....instead, I just moved out in the middle of the country :)

Fine if you toss a bag over your shoulder with a hundred punds of ammo, then add two rifles....but you have to eat, you have to have clothing, etc.  Tons of ammo is over-rated.  Do you really think you'd live long enough to fire off several thousand rounds in "self-defense" without getting killed yourself?

Valid question.  Honestly, I could see myself carrying a few hundred rounds, and that's about it.

I also admit that if it's possible, I don't want to have to cart my family and belongings around anywhere.  I'd rather work together with my neighbors to maintain some semblance of community and normality for my wife and children's sake.  The best option is to stay home where we have our necesities.  Form neighborhood patrols as needed/if needed, and work together with our neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Or you could check out the survival forum where we talk about SHTF all the time.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=123
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That's going to be really heavy to carry!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#35]
*whoops posted in the wrong forum*
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I have like 12 rifles...and thousands of rounds ammo....  my neighbors both have 3-6 firearms each.....and we could count on at least 4-5 people being able to use the firearms in each house effectively.  Food is something we dont stockpile...so thatd be our weakpoint most definitly.  I would probally stay in place if someting happened, unless the danger was local, I know my parents arnt willing to just abandon our house, they would stay and not budge knowing them.  I dont plan on trying to live a post apocalypic life or anything of the sort, but its a bit more comforting to know I have firearms to defend ourselves with, along with good, armed neighbors.  Dont have to rely on the police force 100% this way for...."safety"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have like 12 rifles...and thousands of rounds ammo....  my neighbors both have 3-6 firearms each.....and we could count on at least 4-5 people being able to use the firearms in each house effectively.  Food is something we dont stockpile...so thatd be our weakpoint most definitly.  I would probally stay in place if someting happened, unless the danger was local, I know my parents arnt willing to just abandon our house, they would stay and not budge knowing them.  I dont plan on trying to live a post apocalypic life or anything of the sort, but its a bit more comforting to know I have firearms to defend ourselves with, along with good, armed neighbors.  Dont have to rely on the police force 100% this way for...."safety"

Very good point.  Of the neighbors who share a property line with me, 4 out of 5 have firearms.  Some have several firearms.  At least one has his CCL.  I'm on very good terms with all of them (and no, though I live in Utah County, not all my neighbors are Mormon).  Many of us have some serious food and water storage.

Again, in most disaster situations our best option is to stay put and work together.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good point.  Of the neighbors who share a property line with me, 4 out of 5 have firearms.  Some have several firearms.  At least one has his CCL.  I'm on very good terms with all of them (and no, though I live in Utah County, not all my neighbors are Mormon).  Many of us have some serious food and water storage.

Again, in most disaster situations our best option is to stay put and work together.

yep, unless there was something serious going on around us, we wont be budging....

for food/water...we could last about a week and a half...past that we would be scraping for food.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, unless there was something serious going on around us, we wont be budging....

for food/water...we could last about a week and a half...past that we would be scraping for food.

We might make it three months or so...then we'd be scraping for food too.  We're working on that part little by little.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Three months of food is a lot of food!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

We're working on putting together a year's supply...for two adults and three children.  Yes, it's a lot of food.  One of the problems we're already seeing is organization and space for all the food.  Remember, you have to rotate your food storage or it just goes bad over time.  That means using the older stuff and constantly adding new supplies.

Also, you can't just store pasta and rice.  You have to use variety or you'll go insane.  That means different kinds of sauces, salt, sugar, spices, dry mixes, canned vegetables and fruits, etc.

I'll try to take a picture when I get home to show you our progress so far.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We're working on putting together a year's supply...for two adults and three children.  Yes, it's a lot of food.  One of the problems we're already seeing is organization and space for all the food.  Remember, you have to rotate your food storage or it just goes bad over time.  That means using the older stuff and constantly adding new supplies.

Also, you can't just store pasta and rice.  You have to use variety or you'll go insane.  That means different kinds of sauces, salt, sugar, spices, dry mixes, canned vegetables and fruits, etc.

I'll try to take a picture when I get home to show you our progress so far.

please do so, i gotta see this stash  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in in Apt, and it would be the last place I'd want to take refuge in the event of looting and chaos, (if you live in an apt besides anything really upscale you'll know what I'm getting at).

I would consider anything left in the apt lost, as it would probably get looted.  

It's already been looted once before when there wasn't SHTF.

bastard(s).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I live in in Apt, and it would be the last place I'd want to take refuge in the event of looting and chaos, (if you live in an apt besides anything really upscale you'll know what I'm getting at).

I would consider anything left in the apt lost, as it would probably get looted.  

It's already been looted once before when there wasn't SHTF.

bastard(s).

Oh man!  Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Bibles, Beans and Bullets.  All else goes without saying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure you can.    ..'General' John    .....   I'd be afraid my neighbors might get a scratch on my ak's... I'll have to give all of them the AR's ... I could hear it now...damn dude - that was russian wood you just dented.

You're right,I'll only issue the ones with the battlefield pick up look!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
We have no shortage of refugees or descendants of refugees from war-torn countrys.  Forget Hollywood.  Ask them what it took to survive when the shit REALLY hit the fan.  Talking to any family member older than me, I heard that what got them through was (in no particular order):

1.  Family and Friends
2.  Cash
3.  Food
4.  Faith and Prayer
5.  Keeping your distance from the bad guys, i.e. Mobility
6.  and in some cases, pure luck

In only one or two stories did a gun ever come into play, and that was to drive away bad guys trying to steal food and horses.  And when a gun might have helped, it was just too late.  No one shot their way out to freedom.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#48]
When "IT" happens, "IT" will dictate what you do, and what happens to you.  You can prepare for the basics, but life rarely throws you the basics.

That being said, have a BOB, a rifle, some ammo, food, water, ability to make shelter, able to fortify your home, etc, etc.  Prep for all of it, in a way, a little each one, and leave your options open.  You will need them.

That is all.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#49]
SHTF for me:  (just my 2 cents, and my interpertation of shtf)

Most likely will be in a form of natural disater / terrorist strike.  Both which are pretty limited to a specific area (couple of states at most) and a short amount of time (1 week to a couple months)  The aforementioned but not limited to just that would cause a short term "local" chaos due to confusion, lack of communication., utilities being down and local law dawgs being limited to non existant.  My shtf won't be shooting terrorist or invaders from other countries.  My shtf would be criminals living amongst us right now that would try to exploit the situation or take advantage of the situation for their own greed or satisfaction.  My "shtf" would be keeping my loved ones and friends/neighbors safe from looters, rapers, murderers etc. for the short time until the local, state, or federal gov would step in to help.  (which they will....)

I stock pile some mre's, some canned goods, about 20 cases of bottled water, and I currently have 5 first aid kits.  I just recently installed a generator for my residence also.

As far as firearms go,  I have a few...more than enough to hold my own from the said perps.  I am not at all prepared for 36 hour firefights with paratroopers from china or whatever but thats not my "shtf."  I don't knock anyone who prepares for their "shtf" in their own way.  It's all a matter of perspective....Better safe than sorry!

I live about 5 mile from three mile island (a nuclear power plant) and if that was targeted...I wouldnt have enough time to react.  But that would really be Shit hitting the Fan!!!

Good luck!

eta: spelling corrections...I know there are more..
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
SHTF for me:  (just my 2 cents, and my interpertation of shtf)

Most likely will be in a form of natural disater / terrorist strike.  Both which are pretty limited to a specific area (couple of states at most) and a short amount of time (1 week to a couple months)  The aforementioned but not limited to just that would cause a short term "local" chaos due to confusion, lack of communication., utilities being down and local law dawgs being limited to non existant.  My shtf won't be shooting terrorist or invaders from other countries.  My shtf would be criminals living amongst us right now that would try to exploit the situation or take advantage of the situation for their own greed or satisfaction.  My "shtf" would be keeping my loved ones and friends/neighbors safe from looters, rapers, murderers etc. for the short time until the local, state, or federal gov would step in to help.  (which they will....)

This is my interpretation as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top