Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:33:18 PM EDT
who has usa made floorplates for the ak mags??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:51:55 PM EDT
I've got them for the same price shipped.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
inrange do you have web contact ?? internet site?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BSOG1:
inrange do you have web contact ?? internet site?

inrangec2.com/
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:19:14 AM EDT
I'm getting caught up with the parts count with my project and was thinking about using the floor plates. Anyone use these, are they reliable?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:29:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By INRANGEC2:

I couldn't find a picture on your site. Do you mean you have the Falcon Arms floorplates for sale, or some other make?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:58:40 AM EDT
I got some from InrageC2, and he is good to go. His plates are the FSE ones which look a little better than the Falcon Arms ones, which have uneven rear tabs so they will work with two mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:24:21 AM EDT

I've got a few of the Falcon Arms baseplates, and I wanted to get a few more. The FSE ones are well-made, but I don't care for the shape of the pressing (the square bump).

I believe the two folded rear tabs on the Falcon baseplates are uneven because they used a ChiCom "spineless" magazine as a pattern for both their baseplates and followers. The folded-over back makes one side protrude farther than the other. The tabs are uneven to fit, and they look a little funny on a European style magazine, but still closer to OEM than the FSE ones.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:31:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Richard-ar15:
I've got a few of the Falcon Arms baseplates, and I wanted to get a few more. The FSE ones are well-made, but I don't care for the shape of the pressing (the square bump).

I believe the two folded rear tabs on the Falcon baseplates are uneven because they used a ChiCom "spineless" magazine as a pattern for both their baseplates and followers. The folded-over back makes one side protrude farther than the other. The tabs are uneven to fit, and they look a little funny on a European style magazine, but still closer to OEM than the FSE ones.

I hav not handled a Falcon plate, only seen the pics, but I have the FSE ones and they look like the OEM ones to me...at least better than having a tab jutting out all funny on one side.

That being said, either plate should work just fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:49:47 AM EDT
There aren't any foreign OEM AK mag baseplates that have square-shaped pressings in them. I don't know if Mr. Shinn designed it that way because they're easier to do than round ones (?), or to make it more obvious that it's a U.S. part.

They're nice parts, but the shape still bugs me, so I sold mine a while back.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:15:40 AM EDT

I looked for them on your website but couldn't find any..... Do you still have them available?

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:56:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:

I looked for them on your website but couldn't find any..... Do you still have them available?

thanks,
Ron

They aren't listed on the Inrange website...I IM'ed him with the amount I needed and address info and everything went smooth.

Huh. I swear my FSE floorplates have round stamps instead of those square onse, but I'll have to check tonight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:21:24 AM EDT
sold the floorplates???
they look fine to me. a few scratches and they will blend right in.

none of my buddies even care what the floorplates look like...
inrange- i need 10
how much shipped??
thank you
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:06:45 PM EDT

sold the floorplates???
they look fine to me. a few scratches and they will blend right in.

none of my buddies even care what the floorplates look like...
inrange- i need 10
how much shipped??
thank you

LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at the underside of my magazines, they usually are in the weapon or sitting lose by being ready to get unloaded the fun way.

If I was that anal I would just go with internal U.S. made parts on the gun so I could keep the stanadard floorplates. To each their own.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:05:07 PM EDT

I need 6 of these. Paypal?
IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:29:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 7:29:50 PM EDT by SelectFire]
I'm also looking for 6.
Email/IM me with info please.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:40:36 PM EDT
If only somebody made & sold floorplates & followers for 5.45 AKs.............
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:
LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at the underside of my magazines, they usually are in the weapon or sitting lose by being ready to get unloaded the fun way.

If I was that anal I would just go with internal U.S. made parts on the gun so I could keep the stanadard floorplates. To each their own.

I was explaining why I don't want to use the FSE floorplates. How does that rate a "LOL"? I've got a couple of bullet hoses that exist merely to burn ammo, but I also like to collect parts.

Small arms aren't my my job anymore, just a hobby, so I have the luxury of picking and choosing parts on a whim. I come to this AK discussion board to talk about it. When I do, I don't jump in and post about stuff I know nothing about.

Aren't you the guy I tried to help gather together an East German uniform? Wasted some of my time tracking down a decent picture so you could get the right uniform items, because that was your whim. Are you "anal" or something?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:39:45 AM EDT
corny, You account will not accept return e-mails from the site. Yes, we have plenty. They are 1.50 each shipped. Our address is on the front of our site.

Troy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

look on gunco there is a long waiting list for some 5.45 US made baseplates
they dont look like OEM ones but who cares they are a us made part
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 5:59:08 AM EDT by RiffRandall]

Originally Posted By BLM:

Originally Posted By RiffRandall:

look on gunco there is a long waiting list for some 5.45 US made baseplates
they dont look like OEM ones but who cares they are a us made part

I'll have to check that out.
The followers might be easier to do....
A guy at work does antique auto restoration & has made molds to cast replacement plastic/rubber/aluminum bits (radio/heater controls, shifter knobs, floor mats, trim pieces, etc). I've talked to him re casting plastic resin mag followers & he thinks it's do-able but they'd require a bit of work afterwards (solid cast then mill out the bottom for the spring) to make functional. That's a lot of time/work/$$$$ to do all 30+ mags I have. Both the mold material & plastic resin aren't cheap.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:25:07 PM EDT
5.45 floorplates
when are they available ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:44:10 PM EDT

5.45 floorplates
when are they available ?

You have to get on the new waiting list. When you snooze, you lose.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:48:14 PM EDT
it says waiting list closed.

o well,have to get a usa muzzlebreak.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:07:00 PM EDT
Just know they don't work on polymer magazines.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:22:56 PM EDT

corny, You account will not accept return e-mails from the site. Yes, we have plenty. They are 1.50 each shipped. Our address is on the front of our site.

Troy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Schulze:
Just know they don't work on polymer magazines.

look through the post there is a couple of pics of them on polymer mags
the add reads for polymer mags
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:30 PM EDT
I have the FSE ones and they look good. I painted them to match my Bulgarian mags and they look and work great.
Top Top