Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:33:18 PM EDT
who has usa made floorplates for the ak mags??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got them for the same price shipped.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
inrange  do you have web contact ?? internet site?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
inrange  do you have web contact ?? internet site?

inrangec2.com/
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting caught up with the parts count with my project and was thinking about using the floor plates. Anyone use these, are they reliable?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I couldn't find a picture on your site.  Do you mean you have the Falcon Arms floorplates for sale, or some other make?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I got some from InrageC2, and he is good to go.  His plates are the FSE ones which look a little better than the Falcon Arms ones, which have uneven rear tabs so they will work with two mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]

I've got a few of the Falcon Arms baseplates, and I wanted to get a few more.  The FSE ones are well-made, but I don't care for the shape of the pressing (the square bump).

I believe the two folded rear tabs on the Falcon baseplates are uneven because they used a ChiCom "spineless" magazine as a pattern for both their baseplates and followers.  The folded-over back makes one side protrude farther than the other. The tabs are uneven to fit, and they look a little funny on a European style magazine, but still closer to OEM than the FSE ones.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've got a few of the Falcon Arms baseplates, and I wanted to get a few more.  The FSE ones are well-made, but I don't care for the shape of the pressing (the square bump).

I believe the two folded rear tabs on the Falcon baseplates are uneven because they used a ChiCom "spineless" magazine as a pattern for both their baseplates and followers.  The folded-over back makes one side protrude farther than the other. The tabs are uneven to fit, and they look a little funny on a European style magazine, but still closer to OEM than the FSE ones.

I hav not handled a Falcon plate, only seen the pics, but I have the FSE ones and they look like the OEM ones to me...at least better than having a tab jutting out all funny on one side.

That being said, either plate should work just fine.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
There aren't any foreign OEM AK mag baseplates that have square-shaped pressings in them.  I don't know if Mr. Shinn designed it that way because they're easier to do than round ones (?), or to make it more obvious that it's a U.S. part.  

They're nice parts, but the shape still bugs me, so I sold mine a while back.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I looked for them on your website but couldn't find any..... Do you still have them available?

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked for them on your website but couldn't find any..... Do you still have them available?

thanks,
Ron

They aren't listed on the Inrange website...I IM'ed him with the amount I needed and address info and everything went smooth.  

Huh.  I swear my FSE floorplates have round stamps instead of those square onse, but I'll have to check tonight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#13]
sold the floorplates???
they look fine to me. a few scratches and they will blend right in.

none of my buddies even care what the floorplates look like...
inrange- i need 10
how much shipped??
thank you
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
sold the floorplates???
they look fine to me. a few scratches and they will blend right in.

none of my buddies even care what the floorplates look like...
inrange- i need 10
how much shipped??
thank you

LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at the underside of my magazines, they usually are in the weapon or sitting lose by being ready to get unloaded the fun way.

If I was that anal I would just go with internal U.S. made parts on the gun so I could keep the stanadard floorplates.  To each their own.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I need 6 of these.  Paypal?
IM sent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm also looking for 6.
Email/IM me with info please.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#17]
If only somebody made & sold floorplates & followers for 5.45 AKs.............
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at the underside of my magazines, they usually are in the weapon or sitting lose by being ready to get unloaded the fun way.

If I was that anal I would just go with internal U.S. made parts on the gun so I could keep the stanadard floorplates.  To each their own.

I was explaining why I don't want to use the FSE floorplates. How does that rate a "LOL"? I've got a couple of bullet hoses that exist merely to burn ammo, but I also like to collect parts.

Small arms aren't my my job anymore, just a hobby, so I have the luxury of picking and choosing parts on a whim. I come to this AK discussion board to talk about it.  When I do, I don't jump in and post about stuff I know nothing about.

Aren't you the guy I tried to help gather together an East German uniform? Wasted some of my time tracking down a decent picture so you could get the right uniform items, because that was your whim. Are you "anal" or something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#19]
corny, You account will not accept return e-mails from the site. Yes, we have plenty. They are 1.50 each shipped. Our address is on the front of our site.

Troy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

look on gunco there is a long waiting list for some 5.45  US made baseplates
they dont look like OEM ones but who cares they are a us made part
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

look on gunco there is a long waiting list for some 5.45  US made baseplates
they dont look like OEM ones but who cares they are a us made part

I'll have to check that out.
The followers might be easier to do....
A guy at work does antique auto restoration & has made molds to cast replacement plastic/rubber/aluminum bits (radio/heater controls, shifter knobs, floor mats, trim pieces, etc).  I've talked to him re casting plastic resin mag followers & he thinks it's do-able but they'd require a bit of work afterwards (solid cast then mill out the bottom for the spring) to make functional.  That's a lot of time/work/$$$$ to do all 30+ mags I have.  Both the mold material & plastic resin aren't cheap.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
5.45 floorplates
when are they available ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
5.45 floorplates
when are they available ?

You have to get on the new waiting list.  When you snooze, you lose.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
it says waiting list closed.

o well,have to get a usa muzzlebreak.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Just know they don't work on polymer magazines.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
corny, You account will not accept return e-mails from the site. Yes, we have plenty. They are 1.50 each shipped. Our address is on the front of our site.

Troy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Just know they don't work on polymer magazines.

look through the post  there is a couple of pics of them on polymer mags
the add reads for polymer mags
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the FSE ones and they look good.  I painted them to match my Bulgarian mags and they look and work great.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top