Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:04:59 AM EDT
Fired my SAR3 recently - had about 4 jams in the first mag, all similar. As the round is being stripped from the magazine it hangs up about three-quarters of an inch past the front of the magazine. I am guessing it is catching a sharp edge on the feed ramp?

Upon closer inspection I do notice little brass colored marks on the left and right sides of the ramp. Is this something I can fix with my trusty Dremel?

Magazines are Weiger, ammo is Wolf.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You may try giving the ramp a little polishing...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Any way you can post pics of this?

Is the bolt riding over the case or is the bolt still behind the case head when it gets stuck?

Are there any marks on the brass? How long, how far from the case head, and do they look deep/have brass pushed up at one end?

This could be a magwell issue, a feedramp issue, or a magazine issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Bolt is behind the case in every instance. Usually a gentle push on the bolt handle or pulling it back slightly and letting it go is enough to fix the problem.

I didn't think to look at the bullets or cases involved in the jams - I thought for sure I had identified the problem.

I am unable to do pics right now - no camera available.

Would it do any harm to polish the feed ramp, or put a slight angle on the edge with a grinding wheel?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top